I need a pep talk

Options
Hey all!

First of all - you guys are the best.

But I'm writing because I'm going to be going off the plan for the day. Due to the amount of alcohol I plan on consuming tonight (LOL), I don't think it would be a HUGE difference if I went off from from my normal 1480 calories. I don't plan on going crazy rediculous with food... but since I know I'm going to drink tonight, I'm already looking at eating a 100 calorie pack before I even have breakfast.

I have a diagnosed binge eating disorder, so I'm proud that I have stuck to this plan for as long as I have without binging even once... I'm just afraid that the MOMENT I go off of this I'm going to go ape *kitten*.

Pep talk me please?

:heart: Kim

Replies

• asik38
    asik38 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hope you had a good time last night and drank your face off. :smile: I am like you and get off track and things go horribly wrong but it sounds like you have a good plan and have already acknowledged what you need to so...so I figure you are lessening your risks of going for a full binge. However, if things do go wrong...today is a new day. And if you are too hungover to eat - - that counts as well! :huh:
  • lookslikeyoda
    lookslikeyoda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Just look at your goals, look at your tracker. You've already done amazingly, it should be enough motivation to keep you going. everyone is entitled to a treat night so just don't see it as an inconvenience and get straight back on it the next day.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I think the fact that you are aware of your inclination towards binge eating is going to help you so much. :) You are on track to creating a healthy lifestyle that you can maintain. Keep up the good work!
  • ViolaEverAfter
    ViolaEverAfter Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys.

That's exactly it... I feel like once I go off, I'll never come back. I'm pretty sure I wont this time - I just got engaged and want to look fit for my wedding.... but my track record OBVIOUSLY isn't the best.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You need to try telling yourself that everyone is allowed treats, but don't let it undo the hard work you've already done. I know it's easy to say and not so easy to do. But think how hard the journey has been for you, and how well you've done. It would be such a shame if that was all for nothing and it was all ruined in just one night.
  • ViolaEverAfter
    Options
    You need to try telling yourself that everyone is allowed treats, but don't let it undo the hard work you've already done. I know it's easy to say and not so easy to do. But think how hard the journey has been for you, and how well you've done. It would be such a shame if that was all for nothing and it was all ruined in just one night.

That's true... this was hard as well..... especially with my fiance (who is very supportive!) eating whatever he wants.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Eat good today and fun tonight. Start again tomorrow.Life is to be lived. But keep your goals insight.
  • ViolaEverAfter
    Options
    Okay ::crosses fingers:: :embarassed:
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It is extremely hard to discipline yourself enough to have a day off and not let it affect every other day, I've been there so many times!
  • afwife4811
    afwife4811 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I still track even if I know I am going to drunk a lot, it reminds me how bad drinking is for me even though it is fun occasionally. I like to dance when I am drunk so I also get a good workout to counteract the empty calories. Good luck and I can't wait to see you back. You are an inspiration to me and it sounds like you are an inspiration to many others. Keep up the good work girl.
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Rum has less calories than vodka.

Dont drive.

Enjoy.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you are sticking to your food plan, then you have nothing to worry about. The alcohol is mostly empty calories so even though it doesn't do anything for you nutritionally it doesn't really hurt either. Actually, the boost in calories is likely to flush some glycogen out of your muscle which will give you a nice drop in weight. There is no need to binge or worry. Just relax, enjoy yourself, and look forward to clean eating tomorrow. :happy: