I am going to be here all year - would love some new friends

Options
As my subject states I am 2012 is my year and whilst it may be a long one I am determined to be a whole lot lighter at the end of it. Dieting is nothing new to me I feel like I have constantly tried to loose weight, sometimes succeeding but always putting it back on and then some. So far I have always avoiding calorie counting as I thought it always seemed way too hard but am impressed how easy MFP makes it. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started Jan 4th and am doing well. Satisfied with results and love MFP> Good Luck to you and Congrats on your 2012 Successes!
  • I'm in it for the long haul too! I've realized that eating healthy and being active is just going to be a part of my life from here on out. MFP keeps me honest and helps me stay away from extra indulging.

I could use some extra motivation and encouragement from a few friends too!

Congrats on making the commitment. It's a long journey but definitely worth it. Right. Right? : )
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love MFP as it really does keep you accountable for what you consume.. and how much exercise you do. If you stick with it, you can and will see results. This place is wonderful for getting support, getting questions answered, and making great freinds. Feel free to add me as I plan to make 2012 my year to achieve my goals. We can travel it together.
  • laurenstaples
    Options
    Welcome aboard. This is a great place to make new friends and to stay motivated. You can do it!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I started Nov 1 and am down 36 lbs! :) After having my second little boy in Sept, I decided it was time to get my life back on track and to get healthy. I'm in this for life and will give encouragement to keep ya going! :) 2012 is going to be a FANTASTIC year! :)
  • juicyfruitkk
    juicyfruitkk Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'll be here awhile too but stick to it, it's worth it! :)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    MFP is great. Hopefully this site, and it's community of people will help keep you motivated!
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HI - feel free to add me too!
    I started here about 3 weeks ago - I said the same thing 2012 is going to be my year to get healthy!
    We can all do this - together -

anyone else looking for motivation and friends.. pls add me - I'll be there every step of the way!
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!! Feel free to add me. I just started again at the beginning of the year too! : )
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I love MFP too. I especially like the "my meals" feature since I am really bad about eating the same meals over and over. Feel free to add me to your list.
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well...we're in it for the long haul! I'd be more than happy to be a friend to the people who are really trying to accomplish their goals on MFP!! Believe me, I have those days too, where I struggle and lean on my friends.
  • dukeS1ms
    dukeS1ms Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I started after Thanksgiving and have lost 22 lbs. The site, phone app and people are great and it really has helped me. Good luck.
  • Jzslim
    Jzslim Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am new to site and enjoy all the positive people.I feel the same about calorie counting and would have given up already if not for the ease of this site.I will send a request.
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    It is in my opinion that when people "diet" they fail. The reason being when they are "done" dieting & losing what they desired, they go back to eating the same junk they were eating before. I am not saying everyone does that, but, most do. I was one of those people, admittedly. In order to succeed, it is necessary to not "diet" but make a lifestyle change. This is not just something I am doing for year & then stopping, no, this is for the rest of my life.
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision! Try to make it a lifestyle change instead of viewing it as a diet. Feel free to add me. I start in January as well. Good luck on your journey.
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, this is our year, girlfriend!
  • lizabelle83
    Options
    I signed up Dec 28 after looking at our family pics from christmas, really started paying attention Jan 1. I could use some more friends as well feel free to add me as well :) good luck to all of you in your journey!!
  • petewilson69
    Options
    Your welcome to add me... I need motivation too.
  • jchurch8
    jchurch8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm new to this site too, and looking for motivation. I've started tracking my food . .but can't get myself motivated enough to start the excersicing. Baby steps, I guess . . .so feel free to add me and we'll help each other along. Good luck, and stick with it!

14538135.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cmaguire305
    cmaguire305 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a noob too and I'm sure I'll be around for a while. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm slowly trying to make friends here too and I know it can sometimes be rough in the beginning.