Looking for new friends, and have a story to tell..

Options
So I started here last June. At the time, I was diagnosed with celiac disease and thought I could only eat gluten free. I was doing awesome, stuck to my diet, and lost about 25 pounds. However, I was still having celiac-like symptoms. I went back to the doctor who told me it was actually something else that was the problem, so I took that as a license to go nuts on the wheat (read: carbs) and I fell off the bandwagon. I stopped coming here and in 5 months put on all I lost plus another 15. Now is the time to get serious. I'm getting married in September and I'll be damned if I'm putting a wedding dress on looking like this. When I was here last time, I was totally motivated by all the support and the friends I had. I need to get that back! Hello, friends!

Replies

• creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Happy to help cheer you on. Feel free to add! :)
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I too have been on here awhile, but didn't really get motivated until late October! I know I feel great now that I'm on track, I wish you lots of luck...You can do it!!!!!!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    :) I'm glad you're back here! It's always good to have friends supporting you! And I'm sure you're gonna be a super pretty bride in September (my birth month!! I'm so honored :D)
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I know the feeling of gaining everything you worked so hard to lose...and then some. Feel free to add me as a friend for added support!
    Jen
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im glad you are back. we all stumble in our weight loss journey but it is staying on board that is the real test of a persons character. Feel free to add me ^_^
  • nicki12117
    nicki12117 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this forum so it's great to see people coming back even if they've fallen off the wagon! Good luck with getting back to fitness.

I'm sure that whether you loose the weight you want or not, you will be a beautiful bride and your husband-to-be will be full of pride that he gets to marry YOU when you walk down that aisle!
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. We all have stories, don't we? The good news is this: you are still trying. We haven't failed until we give up!

You will be beautiful on your wedding day! I'm sure of it.
  • jfcameron23
    jfcameron23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You can do this and have great motivation :) Congratulations!!
  • MrsSYDL
    MrsSYDL Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats & good luck!!
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me, I'm always looking for motivated friends. Did you ever figure out what was causing your celiac symptoms?
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. :smile:
  • laurenstaples
    Options
    A wedding dress sounds like a great motivation to lose weight to me. Good luck.
  • laurenstaples
    Options
    A wedding dress sounds like a great motivation to lose weight to me. Good luck.:smile:
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    Im with you. I lost 25 lbs and was in the best shape of my life 5 years ago. Since then, I have Yoyoed all around and have gained all of it back plus 15 lbs, thus, I have 40ish to loose. So your motivation is your wedding in September? Mine is a half marathon in September. My first ever, and I intend to do it in a sports bra and shorts :) We can do it!!!!
  • jennh726
    jennh726 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site a week ago. I've pretty much been the same size/weight for the past 15 years and gained 35 lbs this year!!! UGH!! Feel free to add me as a friend!! (:
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! There is a lot of people here who also have ciliac disease, there may even be a group for it. If you'd like to add me, feel free, and enjoy your stay!
  • lellagella
    lellagella Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome back and feel free to add me :)
  • jlcrose
    jlcrose Posts: 22
    Options
    Did you ever figure out what was causing your celiac symptoms?

The doc said maybe dairy, but I then cut out dairy and still had symptoms. I'm not one to go to the doctor often, so probably the next time I go (which probably won't be for a while..) I'll mention it, but for now I'm just dealing with it. My plan for now is to eat less gluten and less dairy than I usually do, because it's better for you anyway. Last time I did this, I tried to eat as much whole foods as possible. So whether I still have symptoms or not, a whole foods diet is good for pretty much anyone.

I just got into this "thing" where I stopped caring about what I ate. For the longest time I would go to the grocery store and I was careful about the things I picked out. I chose my fruits and vegetables carefully and bought organic when possible because I feel strongly about chemicals and pesticides and stuff. And then, like a light switch, one day I just didn't care anymore. I was back to McDonalds several times a week and just eating crap all the time.

Anyway - long winded response for a short question.. sorry :)
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    hi, welcome back. Feel free to add me if you want

Its nice to see that you want to change and you are in the right place to do it.

Good luck with your weightloss goals and if you need support/advice just ask.
  • amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    Options
    I was here too before and lost 13 pounds in a few months. Then I got pregnant! It was a good thing but I ate whatever I wanted. So now that baby is here I need to start all over again. Hard to start over but we can do it. I too need to loose about 100 pounds.

Welcome back! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.