Will I ever lose weight?!?!

Options
Hey everyone! Im dumb when it comes to trying to lose weight, I dont really know what foods to eat, minus the obvious.... chicken, veggies, fruits... but what else can you eat, and still lose weight? Snack foods are hard to choose because I dont really know what I should be eatng to lose weight, I know what Im doing now isnt working. Any advice, tips, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated!!

By the way Im 5'6 and weigh 161 right now and REALLY want to get down to 125ish!!

Thanks!!!!!

Ashley

Replies

• Ruchgupt
    Options
    Hi! First, I always say the biggest step to losing weight is self-love! You're not dumb about losing weight--you're just 'seeking information that you don't currently have' haha. I know that's nitpicky, but I found that the more and more I casually let myself say things like "I'm so stupid about calorie counting!" the more and more down I got about my lifestyle change and it was a bad cycle. You'll get the hang of it!

I think a good rule of thumb is try and eat wholesome as much as you can. Fresh fresh fresh! Don't buy prepackaged stuff except for bread, oats, a few other things I can't think of right now...buy natural PB&J, buy hummus with as few ingredients as possible, if you eat dairy make sure it doesn't have a lot of chemicals and weird sounding ingredients and/or sugar and fat.

Also, watch portion sizes. Snack light. Maybe toast a whole wheat tortilla, cut it up into triangles, and dip it into some hummus or salsa. There's tons of forums here with lots of great low calorie snack ideas.

Try logging everything you eat for a week--then maybe ask some people who eat clean to take a look at your food diary and make some suggestions that might work!

You will get to your goal, the more and more info you acquire, the more weight will drop off if you take action! Welcome!
  • Nickysmom126
    Options
    Thank you for your reply!! I will definitely take your advice, it is much appreciate!! :)
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    I thought I was eating healthy until I started logging food here. What a shock! Now I'm choosing better foods and I'm more familiar with what is really good vs not. My next challenge is measuring. My sister lost 60 lbs on Weight Watchers last year and she said one key was to measure everything. I laughed at the time. I'm not laughing now. The other key for her was excercise every day if possible. That's a tough one for me, too, but I'm getting better. Baby steps! They DO work.