Anyone else feel like this?

Options
I feel like everything I eat is bad for me! Even when I stay under my calories I still feel like I'm eating too much fatty food. I'm only on day 6. Has anyone else experienced this and will it go away?

Replies

• daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Can we see your diary so we can realise a little better what you are eating please?
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    your foods seem to be pretty good although I would stay away from the soups since they are so high in sodium. Maybe add some veggies as in a salad with your meals..
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    my diary is on public :)

and yeah.. I usually just have them because I don't have coffee/tea so it's nice to have a hot drink :P but you're right, I really shouldn't have so much sodium!
  • lururu
    lururu Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I get like this sometimes, I can only assume it is because you have to be very aware of everything you are eating when you start something like this and I think you can get overwhelmed by it sometimes.

You will gradually settle into your new way of life and learn to trust foods , just keep going and try to keep your calories up. I find eating smaller meals and snacking more throughout the day a really good way to keep yourself satisfied and interested.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to start lifting weights on Monday. So I've been trying to eat to maintenance. There are some days I just can't do it.
    I know I'm going to have to get over it next week otherwise I'm going to make myself sick.
  • newfields
    Options
    Hi, yes I think we get a bit obsessive at first. Thats why I like the daily food charts on here cause you can see at a glance if the balance of fat or protein is wrong. You soon get used to which food is best and how little treats work in. I try to focus on if I have done any movement or exercise as this increases the metabolism and also becomes a good habit. I was a couch potato and getting out plus healthier eating lost me 3 stone now it is harder but still another 3 stone to go! Hard after Christmas to get anything off but just started moving again so never give up. just keep moving, walk, swim, dance (no alcohol :happy: ) and watch it go, good luck:smile:
  • lindy1608
    Options
    I have been using this app properly now for 3 weeks and I feel exactly the same! My pie chart will say I am over fat and carbs etc but then list says I am ok? Not really sure how to take this? Also no matter what I do I am always over sugar! 2 pieces of fruit a day and veg puts me over....surely I shouldn't stop eating them?? Usually I eat low carbs but have been following diet chef in a bid to lose weight a little quicker and get me into a routine of portion control and most of the meals have some form of carbs. As the diet chef calories on their own are so low I have been adding extras but on the most part (bar the odd treat) they have been healthier options like nuts, yoghurt, low fat jelly etc. lost 1.5lb last week so will see what this week holds but everyday I feel I need to be changing something and anything I add seems to swing it the other way. Looking forward to getting some advice x
  • MoogieOh
    Options
    Yeah I don't really pay too much attention to the mfp daily intake of things. It doesn't take into consideration good fats and all that. Like I went over my carbs for the day because I ate two boiled eggs, but to me two boiled eggs can be beneficial in other ways as well as filling! But my main problem is even eating a SALAD makes me feel like a pig.. >.> just anything that goes into my mouth makes me feel like I won't lose weight. Very frustrating. Sometimes I can't even tell if Im hungry or just imagining it
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Options
    Yeah I don't really pay too much attention to the mfp daily intake of things. It doesn't take into consideration good fats and all that. Like I went over my carbs for the day because I ate two boiled eggs, but to me two boiled eggs can be beneficial in other ways as well as filling! But my main problem is even eating a SALAD makes me feel like a pig.. >.> just anything that goes into my mouth makes me feel like I won't lose weight. Very frustrating. Sometimes I can't even tell if Im hungry or just imagining it

How many times have you tried dieting if you don't mind me asking? Its just that I've been a bit of a yo yo dieter and having tried so many diets where this food is bad, that food is bad - eventually every food has been demonized in my mind at some point. Plus often diets haven't worked and I've lost faith in the process and just thought that any food would be a bad thing. Not good.

Losen up. Vegetables are good healthy, low calorie and fill you up. Everything else in moderation as you fancy it - stick to your calories exercise and you will be fine. Just trust in the process!
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Yes, just bought the book "Eat This Not That" supermarket version.....gives you alot of good ideas of what to buy at the grocery. Try to keep away from alot of processed foods....and make sure your MFP is set to track calories, carbs, sugar, sodium, and fat...this helps you see EXACTLY what you are consuming!
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry you are feeling like this - I hope you have family or friends you can talk to, forums are good, but nothing beats talking to someone who really knows you and can support you every day.

Perhaps educating yourself about the content of foods would help - for example you are right to say eggs are really good. This site tells you why:
    http://www.nutritionandeggs.co.uk/page/nutritional_val

They have a trace amount of carbs but high in protein. They fill you up so can really help with weight loss. Knowing the facts of the food might help you to know that eating it will help you, and will not stop you losing weight. Trust in MFP and know that you can enjoy a little bit of everything in your weight loss journey!
  • MoogieOh
    Options
    Thank you so much guys for all the replies! It really does help in keeping me motivated!

And yes, I have a big past of yo-yo dieting that has been extremely bad last year.. I lost 15kilo on weight watchers back in 2010 and since then have put that weight on and another 10kg. I yo yo dieted ever since then and it's just been a mess.

I have a pretty good knowledge of what foods are good and bad as I have been on so many diets and been to dietitians. I think it's more just me being paranoid that I will never lose it
  • rayleansout
    Options
    Maybe stop eating junk and processed foods, and eat healthy whole foods - lean meats and vegetables.
  • MoogieOh
    Options
    Er... what? I haven't eaten any junk food? And unlike yourself, I am 21 years old and do not control my household groceries. I do the best with what I can. Thanks for your comment.
  • VitaLeta
    VitaLeta Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got this a bit when I first started. I had always just eaten with out much thought to calories or what not at all. Once I started tracking, I was really shell shocked. Especially when I started looking at some of the food I ate when we ate out. Once I started seeing that some of my (former) meals were more then I should eat over 2 days, it was a real eye opener!
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You will want to look at the nutritional values carefully of the foods you are eating as losing weight isnt just reducing calories. That works for a while but then when it stops working you cant just reduce your calories more to lose more. If you look at the protein, carbs, sugar, sodium etc and keep them close to what MFP recommends it will help you in the long run.
    You cant change everything over night thats for sure. I tried changing things slowly maybe like 1 thing a week.. One week i stopped drinking diet soda .. the next week I stopped eating processed foods like deli meat and prepackaged meals. The processed foods dont fill you up as fresh and natural foods do.. This is a process and a lifestyle change so take you time and we are all a work in progress.
    I still change things even after 100lbs of weight gone.. Have to or the weight stop coming off.. keep the body guessing.

You are doing good! keep it up and just tweak as you go!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Don't get too worried about it. I wouldn't make radical changes to my diet all at once. Make healthy changes slowly and the changes will stick better.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You have to ask yourself what is important to you. If you tracked everything even just for a little while but you learn about right sizing portions and you learn what foods do and don't do for you and you picked up tips here are there to live a healther lifestyle, doesn't that feel good in itself? I felt better, after all knowledge is power and by learning more about my body and how it works, it made me feel more in control of my life. That alone made me feel better. Now when you get those little "AH" moments and things start to click and you see results, that makes you feel even better because you can apply the knowledge you learn about yourself. When you transform your body into the final result you want, that is the ulitmate goal and you feel invincible! It all comes in small changes, making healthy choices and improving your health but small leaps and bounds. If you have children .... you can accelerate this feeling. Think of where you are today and how you got there, if all this knowledge you are learning about yourself you knew earlier in life you might be happier, imparting this knowledge on your children now so they get a head start, makes me feel all tingly inside because my hope is they never need a tool like MFP. Stay positive, take it slow, don't get discouraged it takes time. It takes many years for a car to rust and it takes a lot of dedication, love and bondo to remove the rust and rebuild the car, in the end you have a body your happy with. Ok ok it is too early and my one cup of black coffee hasnt kicked in yet. :smile:
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Don't get too worried about it. I wouldn't make radical changes to my diet all at once. Make healthy changes slowly and the changes will stick better.

I agree. When I started I was mostly watching what my old habits were to see where I was going wrong over all those years. Since then, I rarely have canned soups or anything high in sodium. I've also cut out eating as much pasta as our household used to since it's pretty high in calories. I've also added alot more vegetables to my dinners. My son is very thin and needs more carbs because he's very active and my daughter is watching her weight like myself. So he gets double or triple the carbs that her and I do. I also give myself more vegetables than them to make sure I'm getting full enough.

And for the first month, I was constantly hungry until my stomach finally adjusted to eating less and having better choices. It does get better though.

Slow and steady wins the race! Don't give up!! :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,228 Member
    Options
    My personal thought is other than trans fat laden food, no food is bad unless you eat a lot of it. For example you mention fat, fat doesn't make you fat, eating too many calories do. The thing is fat can result in too many calories fairly quickly, but you need fat. It is essential in the production of hormones and other functions of your body. You calorie goal is just that a goal to reach, not something to stay below.