Whats going on here?

Options
So I've been workout out every single day for about 30days. I've only really lost about 3lbs. Eating pretty healthy (some slip ups here and there, but NEVER over my cals). I've noticed that i'm trimming up and thinning out, but no real weight loss. Whats the deal? Whats really happening? I hate the whole "I must be gaining muscle" excuse, but thinks are getting a bit old right now. Everything is thinner when i look in the mirror, but the scale says nothing different. I'm also about to start my period, so i don't know if that has something to do with it. Advice?
My workout contained about 6-7 days of elliptical
3 days of yoga
2-3 days of circuit training.

Replies

• DreamiJeani
    Options
    I would say dont rely on that darn scale number. If you LOOK better and FEEL better then that number doesnt really matter. :) Besides as much as you hate it with that much working out and being good while eating it probably IS just you becoming lean with muscle. be proud! You are doing GREAT!!!
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The whole your gaining of muscle is partially correct, since you are building new muscle those muscles will also be retaining more water to repair themselves. So in essence, you are retaining more water and putting on muscle. Another month or two and you will see a bigger drop on the scale, but also watch the sodium intake and get 2x the amount of potassium as sodium to help counteract it. Hope i helped
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium. If your sodium level is high you may be retaining water which will reflect in the scale. You could also try taking out processed foods which are high in sodium.
  • jobie4153
    Options
    Try not to get too discouraged. It is very disheartening, I know (haven't lost 1 lb. since Jan. 16th). Hang in there...I am rooting for you!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! ill try to watch the sodium more (already kinda do that) and up my potassium too. Thanks guys!