Is Detox Acne common?

Options
So I have been eating healthy for about a week now and about 4 days into my healthy eating (no candy, and bad greasy foods, soda, alcohol etc) I started breaking out like crazy. I have also noticed that I am constantly dehydrated. Is this normal??? It seems that it has finally taken a Halt though but of course the ones that emerged have to disappear now. Ugh.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    If you are drinking tons of water I could see where you could get skin issues.
    Could be from working out and sweating too!
  • Clarevmb
    Clarevmb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Always break out in spots (not acne) when i increase my water intake, so sounds like a similar thing!
  • Hickskjh
    Hickskjh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, the skin is a major detox organ. So acne is normal it should clear up soon if you continue healthy eating at lots of water. Well done on your healthy choices!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Nasty toxins getting flushed out will do that to you. Keep up your water intake :smile:
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think it is common. I know I have had that experience before with dietary shifts. Someone once said it to me like this "you have been putting these foods in your body for years, don't expect that damage to undo itself over night." I agree with this statement. Your body will take some time to adjust to its new way of eating and, especially if you are drinking water, you may notice this in your skin as your body cleans itself out. I would say just keep eating healthy and drinking fluids, after a couple weeks you should start to go back to normal.
  • karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    Adding a yes, skin eruptions are a very common detox experience. Also the feeling dehydrated. Your body has to come to a new normal. Keep up the water intake like everyone says. Now, if you continue to feel really dehydrated after a couple of weeks, do get your blood or urine sugar level checked just in case (that can be a sign of diabetes though it is highly unlikely that is what is going on with you).