Logging in exercise

Options
I was interested in seeing how many people log in all of their workouts, like walking around, cleaning, strength training etc? I noticed some people even log in walking around the store or 10 squats stuff I would consider to go with when I entered moderately active into my goal calculator. I normally don't log in any exercise, I just know that its ok it I go over a little. So do you think its better to log in all of those minor activities? Or log in anything at all?

Replies

• morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I only log cleaning when it is out of the ordinary cleaning. As for squats, I sure do log them! I just do it for myself mostly, since it doesnt give me any more calories for the day.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I only log exercise that I am deliberately going out of my way to do. Cleaning is a part of life. So is walking around a store.

I also tend to underestimate the amount of calories I burn in an exercise and overestimate the amount of calories I eat.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I don't count cleaning, walking around the shops. They're bonuses as far as I'm concerned.

Ten squats I log under strength, which doesn't count increase my calories.
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't log cleaning unless it is major "down on my knees scrubbing where I can feel my muscles working". I have only logged that once since starting MFP.

I did log gardening today cos I worked my self really hard for 2 hours. It said I burned 660 calories doing that which I don't believe so I won't be eating all those calories back.