I don't understand "cheat days"

Options
I see lots of people saying they have cheat days or cheat meals. I took this to mean they ate what they wanted then but some say they stay under their calorie limit while "cheating". I don't understand how that's cheating then, unless it just mean not eating "clean".

Can anyone explain for me please?:embarassed:

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    They're different for everyone. For some, it means going to McDonalds and ordering something that's still within their calorie limit. For others, cheat day might involve some diet soda where they'd usually have water. For some people, it's a day where they have one meal that does push them over their limit and they log in but don't worry about it, and some people take the whole day off and eat whatever they like, with or without logging.

Personally, I don't like or use the term. 'Cheat' makes it sound like I'm...well...cheating. Really, these things do still fit into my lifestyle but at rare intervals, so whilst I have days where I allow myself some fast food or chocolate I don't call them 'cheat days' or 'cheat meals'.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I do my best to not have cheat days (meaning days that I don't care what I eat or how much of it). Some people do one day per week as an indulgence day to eat what they want.

I periodically plan for a hefty meal, but compensate with lighter meals at other times during the day to keep it under my calorie limit.

Everyone does it differently. As long as your overall caloric intake is lower than what you burn, you will lose weight.
  • Leo247
    Leo247 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I understand now.