motivate me...

Options
I need motivation, i keep giving up and trying again. HOW do i stick to my guns and keep hope that someday i can reach my goal weight and be who i want to be. I keep trying and trying but it seems i keep failing... i really do want this.

Replies

• beach_chelle
    Options
    Stay strong and remember these tips to set yourself up for success, not failure:

Practice makes permanent not perfect. Remember today you are practicing for tomorrow

Drink lots of water

Make this about your life not about dieting. Eating clean for a few months is great, but the moment you feel like you cheated or fell off the wagon is the moment you feel you failed. I eat healthy and have cut out most sodas, but I have a long life ahead of me and know I could not eat like a diet for the rest of my life.

Exercise, really get your heart pumping! Once you get past that wall and the endorphins get going it feels great!

Don't ever give up, keep going. Know that you are a beautiful, strong woman who can do anything!

Keep your head up!
  • BigMamy
    BigMamy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Book a holiday in the sun. I have booked my holiday to the Canaries in July. I WILL NOT look the same as I did last October. I look at the photos of my then in my shorts and nearly die with embarrassment. They are so bad. I don't need to be a size 10 but must be less than last year. That's my motivation.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    A prime reason why people fail at starting and sticking to a diet or life change is not having the proper tools before hand!
    How much are you trying to eat daily?
    Whats your goal?
    Any health concerns/risks.

I'm not going to try to motivate someone unless they are heading into battle fully prepared!
    =D

PS: I can help you BTW.
  • wittaniemc
    Options
    Do not weigh yourself everyday! I find if I weigh myself often I get discouraged. I try to weigh in every few weeks.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hello.

For me, being fit and healthy is a life style.

I suggest trying to change one thing at a time, dont try to do it all at once, because people that do that typically end up giving up, just like you do.

Lets say you drink soda, well, give up soda first, then a little at a time, start replacing the junk you eat with healthier versions. Start incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet.

The most important thing is that you realize this is a life long journey, there is no finish line, so you do not have to start off fast and die out. Slow and steady, then one day you may just wake up and realize how much better your life is.

One day at a time, one thing at a time. You will get there, if you want to. :)
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hello.

For me, being fit and healthy is a life style.

I suggest trying to change one thing at a time, dont try to do it all at once, because people that do that typically end up giving up, just like you do.

Lets say you drink soda, well, give up soda first, then a little at a time, start replacing the junk you eat with healthier versions. Start incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet.

The most important thing is that you realize this is a life long journey, there is no finish line, so you do not have to start off fast and die out. Slow and steady, then one day you may just wake up and realize how much better your life is.

One day at a time, one thing at a time. You will get there, if you want to. :)

Well said!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I need motivation, i keep giving up and trying again. HOW do i stick to my guns and keep hope that someday i can reach my goal weight and be who i want to be. I keep trying and trying but it seems i keep failing... i really do want this.
    We can offer you encouragement and inspiration but motivation is all on you.
    That comes from within; it's internal.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You have to hate being fat more than you like comfort, sloth, and gluttony.

You have to want the body you want more than you want soda, and other food that is bad for you.

That's really all it took for me anyway. Me telling you "you can do eeeet" is important but ultimately the key to your success is only held by YOU.
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    There is no try... There is only do...

One morning you have to look yourself in the mirror and say to yourself (out loud), "I'm going to do this! I'm going to do this!"

After you do that... Set resonable small goals. Setting big goals can be tough. Setting one week goals can be great. At the end of the month, if you reach your goal 3 out of 4 weeks, that's a win... It's a lot easier to win when you give yourself more of an opportunity to win.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    There is no try... There is only do...

One morning you have to look yourself in the mirror and say to yourself (out loud), "I'm going to do this! I'm going to do this!"

After you do that... Set resonable small goals. Setting big goals can be tough. Setting one week goals can be great. At the end of the month, if you reach your goal 3 out of 4 weeks, that's a win... It's a lot easier to win when you give yourself more of an opportunity to win.

The force is strong with this one!
    yoda.jpg
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    To be honest I am not sure someone else can motivate you! It's starts from within!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Motivation is all you! There is "wanting do this" and "wanting to do this badly enough to make it happen". We can support you, give you advice and encouragement, but as it was already said, motivation is all YOU!!! You have to decide for yourself if you want this badly enough to do the work it entails! Is this easy? NO! Is it worth it? YES!!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    someone had a blog about a month ago that I found to be very motivating. It was a lady, I don't remember her name. She said that she just kept going because she thought the next 3/5 months are going to be here no matter what, either I can keep going and be thinner or I can stop and in the next 3/5 months I'll be the same or fatter. she just kept going because she had this mentality that the next month was going to come anyway. Also she said, she put her goal at 5 pounds a month. She said this seemed very doable so that's all she targeted. With the 5 lb goal, she said she'd always meet it or surpass it. One day after many months, it may have even been a year she had lost 45 or 50 lbs. (I don't remember the exact number). Every time I think I want to give up, I think of that lady's blog. and I think of just setting very small goals. hope this helps.
    P.S. if anyone remembers the blog, let me know, I'd like to read it again!
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    OK - so I'm a bit of a dreamer, and I figured that if I was going to think about it, I might as well do something to make it happen. Getting started is another story - that's something you just have to do. But for ongoing motivation - there are two things that help me:

-Visualize success
    -Fake it 'til you make it!

Visualize yourself as you want to look and feel. Daydream about the things you will do when you get there. Spend 10 minutes every day thinking about how your life will be better than it is today.

Fake it - act like a healthy/fit person all the time, even if you don't feel like it. Think: "What would a healthy person do right now?" when faced with a choice about food or activity. Then do it!

Hope this helps!

11894292.png
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    We can offer you encouragement and inspiration but motivation is all on you.
    That comes from within; it's internal.
    To punch through this wall of doubt, look within and answer for yourself:
    Why do I want to be healthy and fit?
    And attach great pleasure to that as you set these goals.
    And then ask yourself why do you NOT want to be fat?
    Attach great pain to all the reasons you do not want to be fat.
    Few people can actually do this which is why most people just quit.
    This is the key to internal motivation.
    Take the time to do this, and you'll never really consider quitting ever again.
    Sure, you may have challenges; we all do, but you'll keep punching and reach your goals.

All Is Possible!

:heart:
  • Igoligirl
    Igoligirl Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Very well said! I was going to say the same thing. It's a lifestyle, not a diet or spurt of exercise.
    And since it is a lifestyle, don't deny yourself sweets, foods you love, etc. If you do that, you will end up binging big time. Eat them! Just in moderation. Have cake!! But a little piece. Have KFC, just one piece though and then spend an extra bit of time exercising.
    You can do it!! :D
  • wolfey24
    wolfey24 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the responses you gave me alot, ALOT to think about. :smile:
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I think that other people can't motivate you. They can help, sure, but it starts and ends with you. The only people I have seen succeed at quitting smoking are those that have quit cold turkey and will power. This is kind of like that. (not that others don't succeed at quitting smoking in other ways, I'm not suggesting that)