zumba

Options
How come i can't get zumba up on the search on exercise?
any suggestions?

Replies

• dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM so I added it manually. You can use other online calculators but depending on your weight & amount of effort your burn will vary. I burn anywhere from 410-535 calories per class. The low end is less intensity either due to a slower set of routines, or because I have to modify and slow down. I have a shin splint, so I can't always do the moves at full strength if that makes sense. :flowerforyou:
  • jesscoon
    Options
    I had to add it myself. You can add it under My Exercises. Once you add it then it stays for good.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Just 'create your own exercise' and log your calories burned that way, according to your heart rate monitor, if you have one. If you don't, try to estimate using the calculator at zumbacalories.com. however, it tends to over estimate by about 25-30% on average.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM so I added it manually. You can use other online calculators but depending on your weight & amount of effort your burn will vary. I burn anywhere from 410-535 calories per class. The low end is less intensity either due to a slower set of routines, or because I have to modify and slow down. I have a shin splint, so I can't always do the moves at full strength if that makes sense. :flowerforyou:

Do you mind if I ask how much you weigh? So I can compare this to me. I usually log it under "aerobics, general" and that tells me I burn about 650 per class. That seems high, and since I don't have a HRM (yet) I'm looking to compare with someone. I know there are a lot of variables but just curious! Thanks!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm 222lbs now, and i don;t sweat i just go realy really red!! lol