Second Baby Squishy Belly

Options
Hello! I've lurked for a couple of days. Deciding to participate! :wink:

I'm 27, married and live in Florida. Have 2 kids, and the second really got me good!! lol About 5 months post-partum.

I don't use a scale though. Instead, I'm measuring. I'm not necessarily trying to lose weight (5'9, 150-155) just trying to tone up. But I'm pretty sure that involves losing weight too! More concerned about "looking good naked".

Right now, I'm on Day 5 of 30DS, Level 2 (Is she trying to kill us?!) Today is my "day of rest" and I started Couch25K this morning. Not bad! I like it!

On a strange note, Day 1 of 30DS, I measured waist 31". Day 4, measured waist - 30"! It had to have been bloat. No way did I lose an inch in 3 days.

Replies

• aurinia
    aurinia Posts: 15
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar Situation! Ds2 really stretched me!
    Trying to lose weight and tone up, friend me if
    You like!
    What is ds30?
  • laurathehora
    Options
    Oh! It's 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. Quick and dirty! lol
  • didi1120
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom of 1 - hes 2 and half, and i've decided to put off number 2 until i get rid of what number 1 left behind! Today is my last run of week 2 on c25k.. Tried Jillian awhile back and by day 6 i wanted to punch her face on my tv LOL.. Ive been alternating zumba with running.. Friend me - weight loss with cheerleaders is much more effective! =)
  • bre_88
    bre_88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar situation as well,,,I have 2 children ages 2 and 1. I'm not really trying to lose weight but instead tone up and if weight loss happens then i'm not complaining lol but I really should tone up,,,I'm looking into this Zumba everyone's talking about, excited to give it a try, so i can refrain from the "second baby squishy belly" phrase lol add me if you'd like!!!
  • Kate_321
    Kate_321 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have this too! Mine are almost 5yo and 6months old. I do want to lose a bit of weight as well as tone up overall!
    I am a Zumba fan. Used to go to classes before baby and now I'm using Zumba2 for the wii. I think it's great!
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've got 2 girls, H is 3 and G is almost 8 months - both were over 10 pounds!! I've lost 26 pounds so far (I'm in NZ, but pounds sounds way more impressive!! :wink: I am also a 30 Day Shred fan, I'm up to day 5 of level 1 - this round. I also run my favourite is a 7km run on a closed road, at the moment only once a week but I'm planning to go more. I feel pretty good about my body from the knees down and the elbows out :laugh: Here's hoping Jillian can shrink my tummy in somehow!! Feel free to add me if you want to.
  • laurathehora
    Options
    lol Glad to hear there's so many of us! Makes it easier!!!!
  • visualsoul
    Options
    I have three daughters, 9, 8 and 20 months. I am just now starting to see my abs, but honestly I have only been giving 100% for the past 2 months. But I see a BIG difference, yes I have dropped some pounds but I am very toned, so even though people look at me and see weight lost I don't look sickly, I look fit. I suggest strength training. I lift weights/strength train three days a week. I hit abs hard because it is a problem area for me. I also jump rope at high intensity between my sets with the weights, it has helped out A LOT!!! But what works for one may not work for another.