I feel so discouraged!!!

Options
I feel so discouraged. For the past few days, I have gone over my calorie intake by like 200. That is counting the calories I get after working out. I feel like I have no willpower, and my husband is no help, of course not, he is skinny..Why can't I get this right?

Replies

• chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel so discouraged. For the past few days, I have gone over my calorie intake by like 200. That is counting the calories I get after working out. I feel like I have no willpower, and my husband is no help, of course not, he is skinny..Why can't I get this right?
  • Nevada
    Nevada Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Are you planning your meals before you eat them? I am trying to do that, so that I don't get a surprise when I later remember something I ate. And I am sure to plan for an evening snack.

Do you have good snacks, like carrots, that you could indulge without too many calories?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Don't feel discouraged it happens to me at times. Take a moment a day what ever works for you refocus what your goals are and plan. This always helps me. Take a shopping trip and seek out foods you enjoy but also try some new things as well. This is a journey and it takes time to change the way we think about food and begin to accept new foods into our diet.

Remember your vegies, whole grains, fruits and lean meats. I have found the more I cut out processed sugars the less I crave them. But it takes time. I hope this helps and you can find the motivation to continue. We all have those times and you are certainly not alone. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Best of luck!!
    Eve
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Hi Chrissi,
    Eating 200 calories over what you had planed for the day isn’t that bad. Don’t let that discourage you. You will still lose eating 200 calories more then what you had planned to….just a tad less. So don’t let that defeat you. Just try to do better tomorrow. The more you do it the easier it gets. The weight will come off. Like Eve said “You Can Do This”.
    I have lost 171 pounds and now I just need to keep it off. I am still working at it too.
    Hang in there and good luck!
    Loretta
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    OMG, I go over by 200 or more on MANY days. You are still paying attention to your intake and that is still enough to gradually lose weight over time, it will just take a little longer. Relax, and don't put so much pressure on yourself! :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options
    yep. I've given up having a nervous breakdown every time my numbers don't match. I can stay at my calories, but I can't keep those fats and carbs under. I go over at tleast one sometimes both by 2-9g daily. I still lose weight.

Hang in, chrissi! 200 is ok!

cm
  • chrissi
    chrissi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone. This website has really been a Godsend and the people on here are really amazing. It is so nice to have people tell me that I can do this....Thanks guys!!
  • kimford28
    kimford28 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hi Chrissi,
    200 over isn't that bad! Just be sure you are drinking your water, and don't eat after 8!

Hang in there... some weeks are harder then others!