I HATE HATE the W...word

Options
got your attention huh....I just wanted to rant about how much i hate WATER. I cant stand it unless it is just about frozen. I dont care for the flavored packets you put in it i dont care for lemon water i just dont like it at all. I dont understand how people on here can drink 162oz or even 24oz. id be lucky if i was able to drink 1-2 16oz water bottles that i put in the freezer....does anyone else have this problem??

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Nope. Once you start breaking away from coffee, carbonated drinks and all the other crap you realise water really isn't that bad. I ocassionally have a cup of tea or a hot chocolate, but they're more for the flavour than the pick-me-up you get from caffeine and sugar.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's pretty much all I ever drink.

I will tell you I can't drink half as much if I drink it out of a glass, but when I use a straw i find it very easy to slurp down lots of water!

I also can't stand the tap water here, so i bought a filter pitcher and that really helps!
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Well I hated water at one point too. Now, it doesn't bother me. I just down it without a problem at all. I'd quit expecting some kind of enjoyment out of it and start doing it because it needs to be done. Making sure the body is properly hydrated is important.
  • Cris725
    Cris725 Posts: 81
    Options
    I hate water also, but through trial and error I was able to find a few sugar free/low calorie flavor packets that I could tolerate. And once I really got going, I just stopped thinking about it. The water bottle just became an extension of me. Its one of the first things I worry about in the morning and one of the last things I worry about at night. Everything in the middle is just habit.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    When I stopped drinking soda, and iced tea, and started drinking water, I didn't like it at all. It took time, but now I don't like to drink anything else, other then my morning coffee, and the occasional glass of wine. If you just keep drinking it, I am willing to bet you will start liking it. Not that it will ever get super exciting though...lol Good luck to you!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    try unflavored sparkling water if you can find it. Special K makes a little packet of flavoring with some protein and fiber in it. It does have artificial ingredients, but may be better than not getting enough water. Unsweetened ice tea

you can also cut out other drinks so that you're really thirsy, then water will be much better!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    What do you drink instead? :smile:
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    I didn't like or drink much water when I was drinking coffee, juice, sweet tea, etc. But now that I drink only water (most days), I actually love it now. Also, the more I exercise, the more water I drink. And I must say, my skin loves it!
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i drink a lot of water every day because it's what needs to be done

but try drinking flavored sparkling water. i try this brand called ICE which i just find at the local grocery stores. it comes in a few flavors and just tastes like soda but doesn't have all those nasty chemicals and zero calories, sugars, sodium, etc.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    i was similar (although i have never drank coffee, alcohol and never was a big soda drinker either) i just am not a "drinker"
    however now i down about a gallon a day.. more if i workout lol i have bottles in the freezer too! i have them in the fridge... and one in the freezer, when i take it out i put another in the freezer (or two if im really thirsty and know it will go quick) then in an hour or so when im done with the one i pulled out the other is starting to form ice and it is so cold and good :-)
    my fav is the water out of my filter waterbottle
  • vinylgroover
    vinylgroover Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used to really, really hate water too, and I would drink anything but! Diet soda addict, I would go through cases every week. It just takes time. Now, I can't even get through one can of soda, I usually end up dumping it out, and I don't drink juice anymore. Just takes some getting used to!
  • paula18932
    Options
    I hate water, never liked water, only like water freezing cold. The only time I want water is when I run
  • hungriesmama13
    Options
    I have a 52 oz "Bubba Jug"...I fill it up with ice & water in the morning. I use a straw (seems to make it better). I drink it down 2, sometimes 3 times a day. I used to drink iced tea with lemon. Now I can't stand tea. It is just like everything else. It is a habit you get into. Give it some time, just like good food choices & exercise.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Water is way easier to drink if you are working out and sweating.
  • Aileen46
    Aileen46 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Water or wine. That's pretty much all I drink. And even more water the day after wine. lol I do about 96 oz's a day. I stopped caffeine about 8 years ago and will have a decaf tea of coffee once in a blue moon. But mostly just water.

You'll get used to it. :drinker:
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My husband used to be the same way until he tried it and cut out soda. It's almost all he drinks now, and he says it's worth it. His body feels so much better because he was so dehydrated, but he never noticed it til he drank enough water. I hope you can find a way to drink enough water.
  • Legally_Natural
    Legally_Natural Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    One day I realized that I was just drinking water with everything. It is my go to drink now. On rare occasions now I will have orange juice with breakfast but that is about it. No sodas, no fruit juices ( I was a slave to the juices), no hot chocolates (don't drink coffee).

The best advice is to try to drink the water with your meal and then drink yjuice their beverage last. You will find yourself drinking less juice, coffee, soda, whatever and more water. In no time you will realize that you don't need the other beverages.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    I used to be a water hater. Then I forced myself to drink it, because I was severely dehydrated (and I've never been a juice, soda or coffee drinker - just teas). After a month or so of drinking water, I saw a huge difference in my energy, metabolism, skin and body composition. Honestly, its benefits got me to love it. Now I drink 1 to 2 gallons a day and I feel amazing.
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try getting a Brita bottle. That definitely helped me drink more, knowing that I can fill it with tap water. Or get the Mio and low/no cal drink mixes. Also, exercise your BUTT off and you'll definitely want water!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    drinking water throughout the day is what helps keep me from compulsive snacking...if you drink a big(12-16 oz)glass of water when you're getting munchy, sometimes the urge will pass. I heard that some cravings are actually caused by dehydration. The only thing I hate about drinking so much water is having to pee ALL the time!!