what do you do when you're ill??

Options
I've had a bout with 'something' that's left me basically drinking clear fluids for two days which doesn't look good on my food diary! I will start back on some light food tonight if my system co operates.

How do others deal with dieting while being sick? Do you revert back to comfort foods till you're well? Do you stick to your daily calorie limits? Drink sports drinks?

Just curious :)

Replies

• hungriesmama13
    Options
    Chicken soup (comfort food) isn't a bad food. Just watch the sodium. Drink plenty of fluids, whatever it takes! I would try bananas & maybe even some "boost" type drinks. That way, you are getting some nutrients. Feel better!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup (comfort food) isn't a bad food. Just watch the sodium. Drink plenty of fluids, whatever it takes! I would try bananas & maybe even some "boost" type drinks. That way, you are getting some nutrients. Feel better!

I usually go for fresh fruit juice, and allow myself a bit of junk food just to be sure I'm eating something.
  • hungriesmama13
    Options
    My worry about fresh anything, in an illness that involves digestive tract, is that it may make it worse. But, you are right, any food is better than none.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Clear broth of some kind? As much liquid as possible.
    As soon as you start feeling better, try and get moving. I've had a stinking cold for a week, but I'm still going out for walks. :)