I HATE HATE the W...word

Options

Replies

• yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey, like if this was nature n stuff... you'd like die, so the jokes on you

We're like living off of our natural impulses when we drink that much water, stop being broken :D
  • runnerwithin
    Options
    I started with half water half lemonade and slowly decreased the lemonade in it, and now i drink water all the time. I still like it best with lemon in it though.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    I hate water, never liked water, only like water freezing cold. The only time I want water is when I run

I totally agree...unless i'm busting a sweat in the gym..I never drink water...HATE IT! and not going to try to love it..it's never hurt me not to drink it...so as long as you have an intake of fluid from some source, trust me you'll be fine. Make sure your calories are alotted for it as well, if you're drinking juice and the like.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    That's my problem I don't drink enough of anything I don't think..
    for example yesterday I drank lg coffee in the am ...about 1/3 of a 20 diet MT.dew (I really don't drink pop) one gulp of my sons fat free 1% milk at dinner and that's it.....right now its 1:15pm and I drank 2 cups of green tea so far all day and I've been up ancestors 9am...

Like I said I don't really drnk pop/soda it is juice(v8 splash) green tea or coffee...I don't even drink milk like I used to. And water when I go out to eat
  • LACHER33
    Options
    I hate the taste of water also, what I do is feel my bottle half way with flavored water and the other half with regular water then make sure it nearly frozen. This really works for me, good luck:drinker:
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I love those Mio add-ins! The Mango Peach is my favorite and they are so easy and convenient, and you can add just a little, or a lot depending on your taste (I just add a little to every glass of ice water, and it makes it much easier to get down!)
  • ifucsam
    ifucsam Posts: 40
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea which is the biggest way I get water in most days. I wasn't a fan of water until we got a Pur filter for our kitchen sink. Now it tastes a lot better and I can down it like a champ!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love water. I never drank it before though. I was a diet coke junkie.

I drink it ice cold though.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

We're like living off of our natural impulses when we drink that much water, stop being broken :D

?????????
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I suggest going without drinking anything for a few hours, workout really hard and then see how you like it :)
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

Luckily us humans have evolved to not require any pure water in order to survive. I get all mine through tea/coffee 99% of the time, and im not dead. In fact, I've never felt better.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    just force down a little at a time through out the day. try setting a timer.
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I struggle with water A LOT! However, I do know the benefits of drinking it so I try and get a couple glasses in a day.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Lifelong water drinker, I love it. Now there are different tasting waters. Tap water in Colorado is amazing, tap water in California/Florida, not so much. Aquafina/Nestle/Dasani, great, Evian, :sick: . Purified water tastes better than mineral/spring (well, some might disagree, but that's my opinion). It's possible that the reason you're having a hard time liking water is that the water where you are isn't very good tasting. In that case, perhaps a filter would help? I'd suggest trying that, or if nothing else works, start trying various bottled waters. There is an acquired taste to water in general I'm sure, but if you're starting with bad tasting water, you're starting like three steps behind on liking it.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    for example yesterday I drank lg coffee in the am ...about 1/3 of a 20 diet MT.dew (I really don't drink pop) one gulp of my sons fat free 1% milk at dinner and that's it.....right now its 1:15pm and I drank 2 cups of green tea so far all day and I've been up ancestors 9am...

Like I said I don't really drnk pop/soda it is juice(v8 splash) green tea or coffee...I don't even drink milk like I used to. And water when I go out to eat

Maybe you're getting enough from the food you're eating...I would only worry if when you use the restroom your urine is dark yellow and not clear/light...if it's dark, you're not getting enoug fluid...light and you're good to go, not everyone requires as much hydration as others.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love Skinny Water (most large grocery stores carry it and it's exclusively at Target) and diet green tea citrus from Lipton. Plain water is boring and sometimes even makes me gag. (Gross, sorry, but true!)
  • swooziemay
    Options
    It's not my favorite either.....but I found that if I put ice in it that helps! Was totally addicted to diet soda and caffeine but now I try to drink more water and if I have soda I opt for caffeine free diet soda. The more I drink it.......the more I am liking it. Keep trying! :)
  • Traci_33
    Traci_33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well I hated water at one point too. Now, it doesn't bother me. I just down it without a problem at all. I'd quit expecting some kind of enjoyment out of it and start doing it because it needs to be done. Making sure the body is properly hydrated is important.

I agree, Once you get yourself in the habit of drinking a bunch in a day it come so easily. I went from having maybe one or two a day to 10-12 a day :) Sometimes i still find it yucky but thats when its not the right temperature. I have hard water not chlorinated city water so I am lucky there... I started using crystal light then mixing it with more water to get used to it. A lot of people suggested adding lemon or lime to it. hope you find something to get ya to your 8 a day
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options

This sounds like me, I have to FORCE the 8 glasses down, but I seem to lose more weight when I do. I was also told we get a lot of the fluid we need from fruit and vegetables :drinker:
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sort of.....I will only drink certain brands of bottled water...namely, dasani :P haha I'm very picky about my water.