New here

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Casi and I have just joined this site. I have a lot of weight to lose and I really need help. I have tried prescription diet pills, low carb high protein diet, and I have tried to just do it my own way by not following any kind of diet plan at all. I am right back where I started with more weight added to it.

I have made an entry in my blog if any of you would like to check it out. I have also done my profile as well as uploading my picture. The ticker though is something that I am having a bit of trouble figuring out, because I have problems understanding how to do things. So, I am not sure if I got that right or not. I hope that I did though. :ohwell:

Anyway, I really need to do this and the weight has to come off. I have no choice in the matter. If any of you would like to email me - please feel free to do so.

Love & Hugs,
Casi :heart:

Replies

• TaraDenise
    TaraDenise Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The site is pretty easy, but when you set it up, you chose your lifestyle, your weight, and it gave you a number of calories per day to eat. Depending on how many pounds per week you wanted to lose, it has an automatic deficit in there. If you exercise, eat those calories back, or you run the risk of putting your body in starvation mode (which is what those other diets did to you). If you don't add exercise, then just eat the calorie per day it tells you to eat.

Take small steps. First log every bite you put into your mouth. Realize what you eat. Then start keeping the calories on or under, your fat, carbs, sodium under.

Drink lots of water. Plain water, maybe with a splash of juice or an orange slice, but just water, and record those. Of course you can drink other things but those don't go into your "water" number. THe first few days or even few weeks, if you're not used to drinking that much water, you'll hit the bathroom a lot! But that will go away as your body gets used to being hydrated.

Make your goals realistic and achievable. So that might mean adding 30 mins of exercise (like taking a walk) 3x/wk. Then as you get used to that, you can increase the intensity/duration, but first, make it a goal you can achieve. Same with eating. If you put that you want to lose 2 pounds per week, that amount of calories in the beginning may make you feel hungry all the time. Do 1 or 1.5 at most to start, and get used to those cals. If you exercise, you get to eat more.

Don't take diet pills, slimfast, meal replacement shakes, etc. You've already tried a bunch of those and bottom line, they don't work long term. Slow weight loss will occur if you have a daily deficit in your calories and you give your body the fuel it needs to work. But this is a lifestyle change, not a diet or a short term fix. And THAT is why this is a permanent solution!

Good luck!
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! This is a wonderful place and very helpful!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site, I do. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use.Everyone is really nice here too. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: