I HATE HATE the W...word

Options

Replies

• junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hey, like if this was nature n stuff... you'd like die, so the jokes on you

We're like living off of our natural impulses when we drink that much water, stop being broken :D

lol nice.:laugh:
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't hate it, I just can't get in the habit of drinking it. Constant battle for me.
  • bonniesuzanne
    Options
    DRINK FROM A STRAW:tongue: ! Try it! I don't care much for water myself... But I fill a glass every few hours, stick a straw in it, and for some strange reason, I tend to drink it! I recognize it's psychological, subconscious, unexplainable... But it works for me and you've nothing to lose by trying! I buy the widest straws from the dollar store and fill a 20oz. glass first thing in the morning... 3-4 times a day and you've met your quota! Now, I find that if I don't drink a glass 1st thing, I feel dry as a bone! Good luck!
  • Healthy_Hannah483
    Healthy_Hannah483 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Nope, it's pretty much all I ever drink.

I will tell you I can't drink half as much if I drink it out of a glass, but when I use a straw i find it very easy to slurp down lots of water!

I also can't stand the tap water here, so i bought a filter pitcher and that really helps!

oh my gosh, me too!!! I don't know what it is about straws, but seriously...it makes it so much more enjoyable. I guess its the little kid in me :P
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like my tap water. To me water kinda tastes sweet and I can't get enough of it. And this winter is so dry I am just guzzling it down.

I've never been a huge water drinker but I forced myself. And I can't drink the flavored stuff because aspartame and also Splenda make me feel sick.

Now I can't get enough water.
  • skybaby6
    Options
    we i don't HATE water, but...i hardly ever drink it-- and therefore i hardly ever sweat-- which apparently is bad, but i'm still alive =)
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    I love water. It is liquid fuel, it makes me feel energized & ready to go!

To me, water tastes almost sweet. It's odd.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I don't hate it, I just can't get in the habit of drinking it. Constant battle for me.

i think you said it best...i dont hate it (?? maybe) ...i just cant get in the habit of drinking it all the time. i wonder if i do get enough through my food like someone had mentioned....and when i use the bathroom the color is normal....and to the one who commented on how you dont drink enough so you dont sweat thats how i am till i work out, if its 90 outside i wont have a drop of sweat...thats kinda weird to come to think about it....
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Sort of.....I will only drink certain brands of bottled water...namely, dasani :P haha I'm very picky about my water.

Wow, Dasani is still going over there?

They pulled out of the UK and europe after we all found out it as just tap water from Sidcup, here in Britain, not to mention this hideous marketing gaff:
    Dasani was launched in the UK on 10 February 2004. The product launch was labelled "a disaster", a "fiasco" and a "PR catastrophe".
    Early advertisements referred to Dasani as "bottled spunk" or featured the tagline "can't live without spunk". These slogans were used seemingly oblivious to the fact that spunk is slang for semen in the UK.
    On 18 March 2004, UK authorities found a concentration of bromate, a suspected human carcinogen, in the product that could be considered harmful if consumed in large quantities. Coca-Cola immediately recalled half a million bottles and pulled the "Dasani" brand from the UK market.[12] Shortly after, plans to introduce the brand to Continental Europe were announced to have been cancelled as well. Bromate was not present in the water before Coca-Cola's treatment process. During that process the bromate was produced from the water's bromide.

Water is good for you! Just avoid the Bromate.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I love water. I don't really drink bottled water -- too cheap and some have a plastic taste. I bought a couple of Sigg bottles and bring a bunch with me wherever I go.

You can try True Lemon/Lime/Orange/Grapefruit if you want some natural flavor. No sweeteners and just pure dehydrated fruit juice. Gives it a bit of flavor if you don't like it plain.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    No way! I love water.. I don't see how people have a problem drinking it when their bodies are made of it and without it we don't survive long... A true mystery to me... Drink up!
  • psuedoitch
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Water is soooooo good. It feels great, it tastes great (not city water xD)
    I love it. My body loves it. I don't understand how you can just not drink it. To me, it is life.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    do you own a brita filter ? my home water is not as good so i purchased a brita filter cartridge it makes a big difference
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know it has no taste, I try to get my husband to drink it everyday, he hates it! It is one of the most important componets of weight loss though....You have to drink at least 8 glasses a day! It flushes fat out of your system, help keeps you full! If you just drink one cup an hour at work, you've go your 8 glasses.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I never understood hating water. I mean...it is our life force.......
  • dragginfli
    dragginfli Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I Hate water as well. I have tried to drink it many many times, I have tried adding flavor packets, still hate it. I drink coffee. thats it. (Which is just flavored water really). I have never drank it on a regular basis unless I was dieting and forcing myself. I think it is completely overrated. We get enough water through our food.
  • Hollhollholly
    Options
    I'm really bad at drinking full stop, I usually only drink 3 cups of tea a day which probably really not good! I tried drinking loads of water before but it was really hard work.

Water doesn't cause actual weight loss though...

Might stop me snacking so much though!
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like my tap water. To me water kinda tastes sweet and I can't get enough of it. And this winter is so dry I am just guzzling it down.

I've never been a huge water drinker but I forced myself. And I can't drink the flavored stuff because aspartame and also Splenda make me feel sick.

Now I can't get enough water.

I can't do all the artificial sweetners either. They make me feel terrible. Have you tried TrueLemon or TrueLime - crystalized lemon or lime juice. It tastes like fresh squeezed, but eaier to carry in a purse or pocket! I find it at my local grocery store near the artificial sweeteners.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love water and for most of my life that is mostly what I have chosen to drink. But my issue is not getting enough of it. I am just never thirsty. So while I love water, I have a hard time getting more than 5-6 glasses a day.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    got your attention huh....I just wanted to rant about how much i hate WATER. I cant stand it unless it is just about frozen. I dont care for the flavored packets you put in it i dont care for lemon water i just dont like it at all. I dont understand how people on here can drink 162oz or even 24oz. id be lucky if i was able to drink 1-2 16oz water bottles that i put in the freezer....does anyone else have this problem??

:laugh: I'm about to finish off my water for the day at 101 ounces :P Anyway, someone suggested once putting fresh peaches in the water--that sounds so good! Then when you're done you a get a sweet treat :P And if you like your water super cold...drink it that way! I LOVE nearly frozen water. In high school I would freeze a bottle overnight and slowly sip at the thawed bits throughout the day. So good. No harm done from drinking it ice cold, if anything it's better :)