No Bathroom Scale, HELP!!

Options
It's been a week since I started eating healthy and about two weeks since I started working out. I don't have a scale or the money to get one right now. So I was wondering if there were places I could go weight myself for free? Thanks.

Replies

• abrantner
    Options
    Some of the grocery stores (Publix in my area) have scales in the entrance way..
  • BettyyRoss
    BettyyRoss Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    We don't have a publix here. "/
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    A lot of drug stores have scales and blood pressure monitors you can use for free. What about a friend with a scale. If you live in an area that has freecycle.org you can post a "want" ad for one.
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Go by measurements instead. If your clothes are loose, you've lost weight.

Or try your local gym, they always have weighing scales.
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Check your local area and see if they have a freecycle group online. They are a group pf people who post when they do not want things anymore or post if they are looking for things. I have received brand new items before just because people buy them and never use them. If not, check the freebies on Craiglist or post a wanted there for a free scale. You never know what might pop up. :smile:
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know your exact situation regarding $$ so please don't take this the wrong way. Walmart has scales as low as $5 and for $15 you can get a digital one. You also may be able to find one at a thrift shop or a yard sale.
  • BettyyRoss
    Options
    My apartment complex has a small gym which is where I go to do my workouts. But it's soo small, they don't even have a scale there!

I can't really tell as far as how my clothes are fitting, I don't really see the difference yet.
  • BettyyRoss
    Options
    I don't know your exact situation regarding $$ so please don't take this the wrong way. Walmart has scales as low as $5 and for $15 you can get a digital one. You also may be able to find one at a thrift shop or a yard sale.

That's fine no worries.

I plan on buying a scale once I get my paycheck. But I'm anxious to weight myself since it's been a week and I would like to know if I'm on the right path or if I need to step it up.

I will see if I can find one for 5 dollars. But when I looked online I didn't see anything that low. But five dollars I can spare.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Did you try Craigslist? You can find lots a cheap stuff on there.
  • coke_zer0
    Options
    I know you said you have no money right now but I went to walmart and got myself a digital scale for pretty damn cheap there. If you don't mind the old school ones, they where even cheaper. Just a heads up for when you are able to get one. :)