vegetables

Options
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone has the same problem I do and how they deal with it. I love vegetables and like to make different recipes that have vegetables in them, however, my husband hates most vegetables and won't eat them. So most of the time I end up making the same old boring meals with a side of vegetables for me....lol Should I make 2 different meals? Or should I just try to modify some of the recipes and make him a portion without all the vegetables?? I don't know, he's as bad as a kid (except my 1 year old actually eats vegetables! ;-) )
Thanks, Joanne

Replies

• sophiareal
    sophiareal Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a similar issue with my bf - he naturally gravitates to very fatty foods and although he likes vegetables he won't eat the following: sweet corn, broccoli, most types of cabbage, all types of pumpkin, sweet potatoe, res or yellow peppers ... Basically unlike most people he doesn't like sweet veggies and dislikes most cabbages and leafy greens (I.e. all the veggies I adore). Most of the time I end up making a large side salad or veggie side just for myself ... Also, if we cook Asian, I can quickly do another veggie dish so it isn't all meat. But I agree it sucks, just try and sneak veggies in where you can (e.g. In a cheesy pasta bake). My bf actually seems to get used to it slowly,
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i got lucky and at least my hubby likes all green veggies, but when it comes to any peppers, carrots, onions, squash etc. he is pretty much not budging. I'll make a big stirfry with everything i like in it and then when he dishes himself up he picks out what he doesn't want. I really don't think you should have to make two seperate meals, and if there's some things you really like that he won't have any part of, I would suggest making a big batch and eating it for lunches instead of dinners... it's not fair for you to have to suffer because he's picky! us women always put everyone else first, MFP is the place to change that :)
  • jjbell34
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions and support, sometimes its just nice to know someone else has the same issue...lol I like the idea about making something and having it for lunches though. I think I am just going to make things for dinner and he can pick stuff out or make himself something else..lol I just hate hearing the complaining when he finds out I out a vegetable in something....for example one time I out mushrooms in pasta sauce...he wasn't happy...haha! Oh well! I made Turkey chili in the crockpot today and really wanted to put corn in it, but I decided that I can add a little corn to my serving afterward I guess....lol Woman really do put everyone else first though, I agree!
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Hubby is the same way, I usually make two completely different meals. If I do a stir-fry then I just pick out the veggies and put them on my plate,