ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR LOW CALORIE SNACKS??

Options
Hey,
Im new to mfp and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for low calorie snacks to nibble on if im hungry rather than fatty foods??

THANKS! :smile:

Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I personally really like to eat the Luna Protein bars...they really seem to keep me full in-between meals. I also have found that snacking on fruits and veggies is much more filling than those 100 calorie pack things they sell.
  • mzkia12
    mzkia12 Posts: 21
    Options
    I have recently bought these new snacks made by smartone from walmart. They are very tasty and they are only 110 calories. They have various kinds. For example; key lime pie and strawberry short cake. You should try them they are so good, and the best part about them are you get 4 in a pack for only $3!!
  • Partyofpugs
    Options
    I swear by Weight Watchers String Cheese sticks. I have 2 almost every day! I love carrots and celery sticks. You can add Hummus or low fat ranch for dipping. I get Sensible Portion garden veggie sticks at Sams Club and make individual portions in baggies. I like low fat/no fat/no sugar jello and pudding cups. I do best if all my snacks are in individual portions that I can just grab and go and get away from the fridge.
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm eating fruit or celery with a little peanut butter.
  • maryellen8301
    maryellen8301 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have taken to apples with Oscar Meyer turkey wraps. It's just an apple cored with slices of turkey wrapped around it. Also Quaker mini rice cakes
  • lindz2012
    Options
    Thanks all, really helped! :bigsmile: x
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    im addicted to Oranges this week. so that.
    half a cup of cucumber salad (i make that stuff in bulk! its only 4 ingredients and super low cal)
    a boiled egg
    protein shake
    turkey (deli meat style, buy the low sodium kind!)

all of these are under 100 calories.
    and low carb for the most part (except the orange)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    Im new to mfp and wondered if anyone has any suggestions for low calorie snacks to nibble on if im hungry rather than fatty foods??

THANKS! :smile:

Feel free to add me! :)

This site has 100 different snack ideas under 100 calories. Check it out.

http://www.canadianparents.com/article/100-family-snacks-under-100-calories
  • npca06
    npca06 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've started to like eating a small container of jell-o (only 25 calories) as a snack. Sometimes I eat a Luna bar, or a container of yogurt. Rice cakes are also good, ans as someone else said, fruit is always a good option :)
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the eggo nutri-grain whole wheat waffles with a Tbs of no sugar added strawberry jam. 90 calories!
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i use fruit as a major go-to, string cheese is also fantastic! nuts are great too but you HAVE to count them and they are easy to over-do if you snack mindlessly. I really like Nature Valley Trail Mix bars too, they're easy to keep in the car for emergency hunger strikes (and 140 cals), i really like veggies too so carrots, peppers and cucumbers are my go-to easy veggie snacks (and you can cut a few of each up once per week and put them in baggies for quick snacks)... i like hard boiled eggs too, but if you're watching cholesterol you have to cut out the yokes... hope these ideas help!
  • amyy902
    amyy902 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    rice cakes are my snacks!!! :)
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks, red bell pepper and low fat hummus for me, loving clementines at the moment too!
  • kairsme
    kairsme Posts: 29
    Options
    I have a BIG sweet tooth so I like to freeze: blueberries, apples(in small chunks), red grapes, etc . Then for sweet craving have like a cups worth usually 60-90ish calories conservatively, then I just sorta savour them until they melt. It takes a while to eat them so you feel like you are eating more! Also, I swear by the preflavored oatmeal packs, I add a lot of water and its hot/filling!

Saltwise, I like popcorn (watch the fat, if you airpop you can get away with quite a bit), and if I'm feeling pretty hungry I will make a chicken sausage (150 cal, a litttle high in sodium, but scrumpicious), or an egg white sandwich: 1 slice toasted bread, 1 light laughing cow, and 3-4 egg whites.

I have to commute a lot to school so I always bring a bag of baby carrots, celery, sliced bell peppers, and sugar snap peas to aimlessly munch while I drive!
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, fruit snacks, oranges, and wheat thins.
  • lynnjunior
    Options
    My all time favorite snack is Jolly Time 100 calorie paks Healthy Pop Kettle Corn popcorn - it's delicious, im addicted to it!! :flowerforyou:
  • oceanchristy
    Options
    Grilled red pepper strips and cottage cheese to dip them in... Yummm