GOALS QUESTION

Options
OK, HERE IS MY SITUATION. I USED TO WORK SITTING ALL DAY LONG AND I DID MY GOALS FOR THE SEDENTARY POSITION BECAUSE OF THIS. NOW I HAVE A JOB WHERE I AM ON MY FEET FOR AT LEAST 4-6 HOURS A DAY DEPENDING ON THE STORE THAT I AM IN. I DID NOT CHANGE MY GOAL FROM THE SEDENTARY OPTION TO THE LIGHTLY ACTIVE OPTION. DOES THIS MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN HOW I WOULD LOSE WEIGHT BECAUSE IN MY HEAD I WAS THINKING THAT I USE IT AS EXERCISE ON SOME DAYS THAT I DID NOT GET A CHANCE TO WORK OUT EVEN IF I DID NOT LOG IT, WHICH RARELY I DID. BUT I GAINED 0.6 LBS. I WAS WONDERING COULD THIS BE THE REASON BECAUSE EITHER I AM PUTTING MY BODY IN STARVATION MODE OR EVERYTHING IS OFF. IM NOT SURE THAT IS WHY I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THIS MATTER. ALL INPUT IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. SHOULD I CHANGE MY SETTING SO THAT IT REFLECTS THAT BECAUSE I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN TRYING TO REMAIN ON THE 1200 CALORIES OF THE SEDENTARY PERSON OF MY WEIGHT AND ALTHOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL, I HAVE DONE GOOD FOR THE MOST PART. THOUGHTS ON THIS PLEASE!!!

Replies

• SaraLosingIt
    Options
    If you are only eating 1200 calories that you were giving as being sedentary you probably need to change your activity to lightly active because you are now on your feet. You will have more calories to eat because you are burning more than before.
  • paledi
    paledi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but you do NOT sound sendentary from your posts! You obviously know what you're doing because you have lost 58 lbs. Experiment...add some calories and see if it helps. You definitely earn them with your activity level lately!
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think you should change it to light because you are now on your feet. The other option is what you are already doing which is to log that time in that you are on your feet in addition to any other exercise you do. You may have to keep playing around with it for a minute until you find the right formula. All in all...you are still doing great so keep up the good work!!! And I agree, based on your posts you are definitely not sedentary because you walk so much around the city! You'll figure it out Queen!!
  • DianeTemplar
    Options
    It was always my impression that you don't burn many calories just standing on your feet. If you are a cashier or some position where you don't move much. If you carry stuff, or bend over and stand up a lot, or you are active on your feet - then that might be different. As far as gaining, As a woman I am going to tell you that your body water is going to vary - for me about 2-3 pounds depending on the time of month. If you are doing what you are supposed to, then I wouldn't worry until it becomes a pattern. I would stick with it for some more time and give it a chance to work. This is a process.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Now, I am new at this. If I were you, I would change my activity level to "lightly active" and ONLY log calories gained from exercises that are NOT related to work. I would definitely watch my caloric intake and be sure to exercise at least four to five days a week. Like I said, I am new at this, so this is strictly my opinion. Good luck! :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    It was always my impression that you don't burn many calories just standing on your feet. If you are a cashier or some position where you don't move much. If you carry stuff, or bend over and stand up a lot, or you are active on your feet - then that might be different. As far as gaining, As a woman I am going to tell you that your body water is going to vary - for me about 2-3 pounds depending on the time of month. If you are doing what you are supposed to, then I wouldn't worry until it becomes a pattern. I would stick with it for some more time and give it a chance to work. This is a process.

I agree with this comment. a .6 gain is not even a pound gain and I do not even count 1 to 2 pound gains because this is not a perfect science and I am not going to be perfect each week either. When i gain 3 to 5 or more pounds then I definitely know it was my actions that contributed to gain UNLESS it is that time of the month. You are doing great! Keep up the good work!