Gym and exercise in general... How much is enough??

Options
so i'm a bit of a gym fanatic... I love going and working out, or going for a run round the black, plus i play netball 2-3 times a week.

I really want to shift about 20 pounds, but i just don't seem to have any luck...

Eating wise the last 2 weeks have been super hard too. In my line of work there's a lot of special catering and events that i have to attend... I have dramatically reduced my sugar/sweets/cake intake, and ive had some bad days, but on the whole im trying hard.

I will weigh myself again tomorrow morning, but in 2 weeks prior i've only lost about 700 grams,..

Help!!!

Replies

• phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    Options
    First, nice pic!

Second, make sure you are eating enough for all the activity you do. i understand you work around food, so i recommend carrying around snacks that you can munch on to keep your hunger under control, making you less likely to snack on unhealthy foods. Shelf-stable things that you can throw in your bag include fruit, low calorie protein bars, almonds, a turkey sandwich, and even low fat dairy (yogurt, string cheese etc) can be left out for a couple of hours.

Keep it up, sounds like your activity is awesome!
  • BlueEyesXoXo
    Options
    Maybe you are doing to much activity? I lose more now that I dropped back to 3-4 days a week, instead of 6-7. Now I do about an hour of strength follow by HIIT(high intensity interval training. About 25-30 minutes. I was stuck at 170lbs, and have dropped 5 in the last 3 weeks doing this.

I love working out, but like the above poster said, you have to make sure you are eating enough to cover all that workout. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much exercise. Just play around with it a bit and see what happens. You can always go back to your normal routine later.

Good luck!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't a long time. If you are seeing any results at all so far, you're probably on the right track.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are doing to much activity? I lose more now that I dropped back to 3-4 days a week, instead of 6-7. Now I do about an hour of strength follow by HIIT(high intensity interval training. About 25-30 minutes. I was stuck at 170lbs, and have dropped 5 in the last 3 weeks doing this.

I love working out, but like the above poster said, you have to make sure you are eating enough to cover all that workout. Sometimes there is such a thing as too much exercise. Just play around with it a bit and see what happens. You can always go back to your normal routine later.

Good luck!
    This is what i was thinking is going on... Maybe i am doing too much.

What's your training program like exactky?

Also, normally i don't have so much food around me at work, but with all the live shows and festivals and general celebrations at this time of year there's heaps!!!