Any Vegetarian Recipes U Can Share!?

Options
PrincessLynn2010
PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
For those of you who are also vegetarian (I don't do tofu or mushrooms btw), do you have any yummy recipes I could try?! I'm doing my new food menu for the week, and could use some new ideas. :-)

Replies

• PrincessLynn2010
    PrincessLynn2010 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • rico1923
    Options
    Basque Style Green Beans:
    1 tsp. oil
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 med. onion, sliced
    1 lb. tomatoes; peeled, seeded and diced (save some of the juice if able)
    1 lb. Green Beans; trimmed, cut into bite sized pieces and parboiled 5 min.
    Salt & Pepper, pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
    Pinch or 2 oregano

Heat pan over med. heat; coat bottom of pan with oil.
    Add garlic, saute until fragrant (about 15 sec.)
    Add onion, lightly brown (about 10 min.)
    Add tomatoes(and any captured juice), cook until tomatoes begin to soften (about 5 min.)
    Add parboiled Green Beans and enough water to cover, season w/salt & pepper(s), bring to a simmer
    Simmer 30 min., add oregano to taste, simmer 5 min. Add more water if needed to keep veggies covered.

Serve over polenta, rice, your favorite grain OR as a side dish. Makes about 3 1/2-4 cups; serves 4-6 people.
    Using canned green beans is fine; using canned whole tomatoes is ok but fresh tomatoes make a huge difference.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My hubby is vegie/vegan here are the ones I use regularly

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kym1610/view/my-tried-and-true-reciepes-119373
  • kellylara93
    Options
    This is a chicken, broccoli and cauliflower pizza on a spinach and herb base. (I also made it with no chicken but forgot to take a photo)

If you leave the chicken off that makes it vege? But you can add whatever you want, eg. onions, tomato, pumpkin etc :)

Super quick and easy to make.

010-1.jpg

Just a spinach and herb wrap as a base, chunky style tomato and herb sauce, any veges you want to add, and some low fat cheese to finish, YUM :)

Only takes 5-10 minutes in the oven :D
  • bechelsie
    Options
    I really liked this recipe. Feel free to add in some extra spices and veggies if you want.
    I also doubled the recipe
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/homemade-black-bean-veggie-burgers/
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I did grilled eggplant "steaks" + spicy hoisin/blasamic glaze today with a side of brown rice. It was YUM

http://happygoodtime.com/2012/01/10/grilled-eggplant-steaks-with-spicy-hoisin-and-balsamic-glaze/

eggplanthoisin_3.jpg
  • EmilyLStuart
    Options
    here's my adaptation of a Cajun recipe called Catfish Courtbouillion...I've made it much more healthy and made it VEGAN FRIENDLY! It's a soup so if you have a microwave you are good to go; I make this in a super large batch and then freeze it in indiviual containers. ONLY 47 CALORIES & 0.5 G FAT PER CUP!!! I'm not kidding!

INGREDIENTS:
    Broth - 8 regular sz cans (about 16 cups?) Vegetable stock

Canned Veggies:
    1 lrg can Hunt's whole plum tomatoes (break tomatoes into bite sz with fork)
    1 can mild diced Rotel tomatoes
    2 cans of sliced stewed tomatoes (I bought some that were already Cajun flavored, Italian variety would be good, too)
    2 small cans of green chilies

Fresh Veggies:
    2 large white or yellow onions (cut into large bite sz)
    1 green bellpepper (cut into large bite sz)
    1 orange (or red) bellpepper - use orange for the color (red is already in the soup with the tomatoes) (cut into large bite sz)
    1 yellow bellpepper (cut into large bite sz)
    1 reg sz bunch of celery (cut into large bite sz)
    2 cups chopped kale

Seasoning:
    4 tsp Old Bay (add slowly to your taste)
    4 tsp minced garlic (again, add more or less to your taste)
    optional: salt, pepper, cayenne(red) pepper, Tony's, or other Cajun seasoning (but Old Bay is my fav)

DIRECTIONS:
    1) Combine all canned items into extra large pot. (if you don't have an extra large pot, then 1/2 the recipe)
    2) Chop all bellpepper, onion, and celery into large bit-size pieces; add to pot. (I know it seems weird that you will be eating large chunks of this stuff, but trust me, after cooking for 2 hours this stuff melts in your mouth!)
    3) Chop parsley and kale. Add kale to pot (hold out parsley for now).
    4) Add minced garlic and Old Bay to pot.
    5) Cover pot and simmer on stovetop for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Occasionally check pot to ensure enough liquid.
    6) Add parsley last 5 mins of cooking.
    Serve and enjoy!
  • kyoules
    kyoules Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    For those of you who are also vegetarian (I don't do tofu or mushrooms btw), do you have any yummy recipes I could try?! I'm doing my new food menu for the week, and could use some new ideas. :-)
    I am also vegetarian, and I also don't do mushrooms, and don't eat much tofu. I would love to see your menus! Feel free to add me and check out my food diary. I posted several salads in a vegetarian lunch idea thread. I will post some other recipes later when I get home.
  • Inacay
    Inacay Posts: 47 Member
    Options

UNHEALTHY VEGETARIANS: So this is the deal, a lot of vegetarians over cook their foods which can result in loosing nutrients and vitamins.

Trying Raw foods is AMAZING! There is a company called Peace Pies that sells a cook book. Today, I ate their Collard "Tuna" Roll. AMAZING. They have pies, candy, salads, and more. Try visiting their website or buying their cook book.

http://peacepies.com/
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    ohsheglows.com <<<one of my favorite blogs!! Most all recipes are vegan- all vegetarian though =) YUMMM