Confused Newbie!!

Options
HI everyone, Ive been doing the calories counting on here for the last week and have found it very interesting. I am also doing the weight watchers pro points for the last 4 weeks.

I am a bit confused though as with my pp I am going over a bit some days but according to my calorie intake I am not getting enough and that my body may be going into starvation mode making it harder for me to lose weight.

Sooo really don;t know which one to rely one?!?! Any thoughts on this guys!!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Healthy eating and portion control is the first key to healthy lifestyle for you and your family. Just take your time and make small changes you will be able to live with forever. Welcome and good luck.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    hi petal! i've never used the pro points system with weight watchers so i really can't comment on that side of things, but i have to say that i've been sticking to my calorie goal on here and meeting my exercise goals and have been consistently losing weight each week (1-2lbs)

i think the recommendation on here is pretty accurate, in my mind anyway! i've been doing it for about a month religiously and i'm feeling good.

hope this has helped a bit!
    xx
  • Tiffany789
    Tiffany789 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered how the calories calculated with ww points. You may want to talk to someone ate weight watchers about it, and make sure you were allotted the correct amout of points per day. It doesn't seem right that you would be in "starvation mode"...
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I will let you decide if you want me as a friend or not

Hi, I'm Barbra (my friends call me Barbi)

I've lost the same 80 lbs 3 times until now.....I've finely figured learned the key to weight loss.

I believe in eating all or most of your calories burnt by exercise to keep your weight loss steady and fuel your body for the exercise you are doing.

I believe you have to eat the calories MFP tells you too which is on your diary as "my goal"

I believe your "net" should never go under 1200

I will not tell you your doing a good job on your diary if you're under your "net" calories

I will also not comment if your diary is not public

I WILL be a great support if you are eating right, exercising, and doing it RIGHT without going hungry.

because it works