Protein Powder & Cooking

Options
Protein Powder & Cooking!! I am experimenting! Mostly with pancakes, waffles, cakes. Tips, hints tricks?! What kind of protein powder do you use?!

Replies

• i_am_asparagus
    i_am_asparagus Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • ravikrishna
    ravikrishna Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I mostly use Whey Protein morning and evening in a day.

But, more than this, the best option would be to take the natural protein from Brown Rice, Brown Bread, Soya Milk, Roti (chapati), Egg whites, which i do usually in a day.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

But, more than this, the best option would be to take the natural protein from Brown Rice, Brown Bread, Soya Milk, Roti (chapati), Egg whites, which i do usually in a day.

Beware of the soy milk.
    Soy is a phytoestrogen, which means it messes with your estrogen levels.
    Too much soy every day can cause infertility, thyroid problems and other health issues.
    I definitely avoid all sources of soy.
  • fabat45
    fabat45 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use a protein powder that is made from cranberry protein, rice protein, and pea protein. It's easily digested, tastes great. Its dairy, soy, and whey free. Vegan.
  • xoBrittanyxo
    Options
    Pancake recipe:
    1 scoop Shakeology chocolate protein
    1 ripe banana mashed,
    1/4 cup egg whites.
    Mix all together and cook like pancake!! sooooo good :) 25g of protein, 7g fiber, 300cals, 1 gm fat
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Pancake recipe:
    1 scoop Shakeology chocolate protein
    1 ripe banana mashed,
    1/4 cup egg whites.
    Mix all together and cook like pancake!! sooooo good :) 25g of protein, 7g fiber, 300cals, 1 gm fat

Ooh - this sounds yummy!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options

I'd usually consider rice, bread and chapati to be carb sources... Chicken, fish, meat, cottage cheese etc - those are the protein sources I'd recommend.
  • JodieTennant
    JodieTennant Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use the same pancake recipe as Kathleen but only use half a banana. Sometimes add some cottage cheese to it, or blueberries or cinnamon.
    Put it in all kinds of smoothies.
    Make protein balls with peanut butter, coconut, dried fruit.
    Coffee shake- mix an espresso with a cup of almond milk and a scoop of powder with ice. Add a spoon of organic cocoa powder to make it a mocha.
    Personally I love Sunwarrior, it's not whey based so doesn't bloat- is vegetable based, organic and definitely worth spending the money on!
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com has a bajillion protein-powder and high protein recipies! Shelly's brilliant...
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    great vegan protein powders are hemp seed powder, organic spirulina, and organic chlorella.