Fitbit?

Options
I'm super new to this system of weightloss, literally started a couple of hours ago, and the fitbit sounds like a great motivator. Anyone else have one and recommend it?
-Danielle

Replies

• Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i'd like to know too, was just reading about it!
  • tocj
    tocj Posts: 2
    Options
    I just got mine today and will let you know how it goes... I would love to hear from others already using it.
  • tocj
    tocj Posts: 2
    Options
    I've had mine for 5 days and I absolutely LOVE it and believe for the first time in my life I can CONCUR this weight loss!! What an amazing tool!!
  • acantu59
    acantu59 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a month - it came with my Xbox/Kinect. I just hooked up with MFP last week. I'm a computer addict, so I'm MUCH more likely to log my food and exercise online than I am to write it down in a diary like Weight Watchers does. The fitbit works pretty seamlessly with MFP, as long as you remember to ONLY log on MFP to avoid duplicating. When you're exercising, you can hit the button on the fitbit and it will log steps and calories burned for just that time period, so that you can log accurately on MFP. Another nice thing is that it tracks your sleep - so you can see how many times you're waking up at night and how much "good" sleep you're getting. I would highly recommend it to anyone!
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about a month - it came with my Xbox/Kinect. I just hooked up with MFP last week. I'm a computer addict, so I'm MUCH more likely to log my food and exercise online than I am to write it down in a diary like Weight Watchers does. The fitbit works pretty seamlessly with MFP, as long as you remember to ONLY log on MFP to avoid duplicating. When you're exercising, you can hit the button on the fitbit and it will log steps and calories burned for just that time period, so that you can log accurately on MFP. Another nice thing is that it tracks your sleep - so you can see how many times you're waking up at night and how much "good" sleep you're getting. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

i'm definitely considering buying one on pay day!!..
  • Burgergrl
    Options
    i have one . it's great. but make sure you tie it to yr pants or you will lose it! i sync it to my mfp and foursquare.