PB2...What do you do with it?

Options
Everybody always loses their crap over PB2 powdered peanut butter. I just ordered some along with my regular order from Netrition and was wonding what, exactly, everyone uses it for.

I hear it talked about all the time and often wonder. I mean, it's an actual dry powder, right? Are you supposed to add liquid/fat to it to reconstitute it? I'm at a loss.

I'm a low carber, so I won't be using it in high-carb smoothies or shakes or anything. Is there anything else that can be done with it? What do you do with it?

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i just bought some yesterday and had it for the first time this morning. my expectations weren't too high but i was really impressed with how good it was! you mix 2 tbsp of the powder with 1 tbsp of water (i used my almond milk instead of water) and mix til creamy. i put it on toast and it was awesome! gonna be looking for other ideas now that i know how good it is. :smile:
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    i just bought some yesterday and had it for the first time this morning. my expectations weren't too high but i was really impressed with how good it was! you mix 2 tbsp of the powder with 1 tbsp of water (i used my almond milk instead of water) and mix til creamy. i put it on toast and it was awesome! gonna be looking for other ideas now that i know how good it is. :smile:

Does it taste sweet? Or just like ground peanuts? :)
  • CallieDerenthal
    Options
    Does it taste sweet? Or just like ground peanuts? :)

it tasted sweet to me... the ingredients are roasted peanuts, sugar, and salt.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    where do you get it?
  • holly_v
    holly_v Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i make pb and jam sandwiches
  • CallieDerenthal
    Options
    check out this site: http://www.bellplantation.com
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Use it in/on anything that you would normally use regular peanut butter on or in.
  • StargazerHuck
    StargazerHuck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My favorite things to do with PB2:
    1) mix water in to make a drizzly consistency. Then add cinnamon to taste and dip apples in it!
    2) Use in smoothies with chocolate whey protein or bananas
    3) I use it to make a Thai inspired peanut sauce. So tasty!!
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    where do you get it?

Order it on amazon
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love PB2! I use it to make PBnJs, Pad Thai, for apples and I've mixed it in with protein powder too. I agree with what someone else said, just use it in place of PB and enjoy :)
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have protein shakes now and then and add a serving in with the chocolate for some extra flavor. I also like to mix it and eat on celery or with apples for a snack.
  • sporter5
    sporter5 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It can also be purchased at a Hyvee, if you have one :)
  • epcorne
    epcorne Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    PB2 is awesome. I use it to make peanut butter banana wraps. My boyfriend and I just used it to make Thai Chicken pizza last night. Put it on my waffles this morning with some syrup. Anything you can use peanut butter for, just replace it with the powder and water mixture. Much better for you!!!
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've been putting it in my quick oats for breakfast, just use more water if you do. It's really filling and tastes awesome. You may want a little sweetener in there, or honey.

Also good is in smoothies with a banana. I love the chocolate PB2.
  • hddoughty
    Options
    I use it all the time. . .in my shakes (Shakeology) for flavor and protein (without all the fat) and I mix it with water to make peanut butter!
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be reconstituted, but now that I know it can be, that definitely opens up doors. I am excited to try it. My order comes in tomorrow.

For everyone who is asking where to buy it, in addition to the places mentioned is Netrition.com. That's where i buy a lot of my groceries anymore. They have flat $5 UPS shipping for all U.S. orders. Can't beat that! :)
  • mell312
    mell312 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Haven't heard of this before, but just looked online and I can buy it locally. Can't wait to try it!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    seems a bit pricey for us here in Canada to order it.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    seems a bit pricey for us here in Canada to order it.

It is pricey in general. I was worried about this (my husband has a HUGE thing for peanut butter - can't buy the stuff because he goes through it like madness!). A few months ago I ordered a jar of the regular pb2 and the chocolate pb2. We're still doing good with those two jars. It does taste like peanut butter (yummmy) but since it requires a little "work" to reconstitute, we don't use as much as we did with regular pb.

But yes - you can use with anything you put with pb. (Confession: when we treat ourselves to ice cream, we like to sprinkle a little on top. Amazing - and much better than using those syrups).