cardio and veryy long hair....i dont know how to manage. ple

Options
hey,
ok so i have very long hair and everytime i do cardio. and ive my hair tied into a pony tail or a braid. they get all tangled and loose at the end.
its also coz i have that layered hair cut so the braid doesnt hold them together long. they get tangled so badly that i need to condition them heavily to straighten them back.
i have tried tying the braid really tight and using two hair bands for the pony tail. but with all that movement they go loose and all tangled . its really bothering me i cant condtion them like this frequently. anyone out there with long hair. tell me how you keep your hair up during the workouts.
thanks alot!!
:smile:

Replies

• perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    try this braid....http://2good2lose.com/braid-fishtail.shtml

depending on the length, you can also take the finish braid and wrap it around the ponytail holder and wrap it then secure with bobby pins (like a bun)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I have really long hair... braids or pony tails always seem to work for me! Sorry!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Tie it with multiple hair ties all the way down. Like this:

olivia-wilde-ponytail.jpg
  • manasunshine
    Options
    thanks guys. i'll try these tips.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How long is very long?

I have waist length hair, and I have no problem with a folded pony/messy bun. It gets tangled at the ends, but gentle combing takes care of it. If you're talking hip length or longer you could try a braided bun, but wrapping your hair might be your best bet.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    alikat.. yeah theyre hip length.
    yea tommrow , ill try braiding with the bun. thanks alot
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wear a hat with a ponytail or braid pulled through the hole....this always keeps the hair out of my face and doesn't get in the way.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    have the same problem, and actually considered posting a thread on here asking for suggestions, but didn't. I started putting half my hair up first (take make sure the bangs were locked in) then putting the rest in a pony tail after. That helped a lot.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I recently had all mine lopped off. Before that it was waist length. I would braid it then put it up in a bun. LOTS of bobby pins!
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I plait my hair, then tie the plait up into a bun. Works a treat :)
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Head scarf? You could braid it in about 6 braids, wrap them round your head then put on a wicked cool headscarf.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    i use a small headband + twirl my hair around my finger and secure it into a bun
    really high ponytail
    or i do a french braid along the hairline and then bun it!
    xx
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    1. Put hair in ponytail
    2. Braid the ponytail (optional)
    3. Twist (braided) ponytail into a bun :flowerforyou:

If you keep it all in one place it probably won't get tangled. Just use a lot of hair ties or bobby pins to make sure it doesn't fall out with the jumping or running or whatever you do~
  • janegeno
    janegeno Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have not had very long hair in ages, but I usually have layers, so I feel that pain!

What has worked for me without taking up too much time (function over fuss, please) is to wear a bandanna or kerchief of some sort, retro housewife style. It keeps the shorter strands and hairline wisps down and has a convenient hole for your braid/ponytail. Maybe stick a couple bobby pins or barrettes at the temples to anchor the scarf where you want it if your hair is very smooth and slippery.

I used to do the baseball cap thing, but I found them uncomfortable and distracting.
  • manasunshine
    Options
    thanks adidrea. and everybody else. yeah i think i was tying them too poorly. i dont like bobby pins. thats y maybe. will definately try all the tricks told from now on.:happy:
  • manasunshine
    Options
    and i cant keep a headscarf for cardio. the weather here is too humid and hot. my head would explode if i keep it covered during the workout heheh
  • lilah808
    Options
    Try more than one hair band. I have long and thick hair. I use at least two stretchy elastic head bands instead of regular hair rubber bands, and make a bun and wrap them around my bun 98347598798787 times. It stays put and doesn't tangle. But my hair isn't layered, so...
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Put it in a bun and use handkerchief to cover and secure all of it in place with a hair tie over all of it.

similar to this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Covered+hair+bun+&view=detail&id=A693D1340ED49AC07D462243462FBDFBC7BF9B0D&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR