Skin care products that have changed your life

Options
Ok I've spent a hell of a lot on my skin over the years, including a treatment called Derma roller, which cost £700 for 3 treatments and never been happy.

Not until I went to the Clinique counter and had a consultation, spent £80 have I found a routine/ range that has amazed me and totally changed my skin for the better...why didn't I do this earlier :(

I'm 27 and can still suffer from slight acne, not bad, but enough to make me feel self consious if I don't wear make up

I would highly recommend the Anti Blemish Solutions to anyone with acne/spot prone skin. This include the foundation ,such amazing coverage

clinique_antiblem.jpg

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Ever since I started getting more consistent at washing my face, applying lots of moisturizer, and using Bare Minerals, my acne is non-existent. Since I started using it in November, I've only had two bad zits. Before, I'd get quite a few of them.
  • lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Retin A on prescription. Also the only skincare product that may reduce wrinkles. I have very mild acne after a course of roaccutane years ago for moderate but persistent acne and I am on the pill Yasmin. That and retin A keeps my skin nice.

I haven't had much luck with Clinique. I find their products too harsh so instead I use non-comedogenic products from Avene, a great French skincare brand. They sell Avene at Boots: http://www.avene.co.uk/
  • abetterliv
    abetterliv Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I used to have TERRIBLE acne until I finally went to a dermatologist and I got Differen and Acanya gels. I use differin in the morning and acanya at night. Since then my acne is basically gone. Unfortunately, I've been severely slacking on washing my face at night so it's come back a little, but my face is still 100x better than it was before. I can actually leave my house occasionally without a full face of foundation!
  • lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used to have TERRIBLE acne until I finally went to a dermatologist and I got Differen and Acanya gels.

Differin (adalpalene) is also a synthetic retinoid (a chemical from the vitamin A family) like Retin A (tretinoin). Works well but on prescription!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    i couldnt live without simple eye make up remover, i have sensitive eyes, wear alot of eyeliner and mascara and this is the only thing that doesnt make them feel greasy or leave a film on my eyeball.

i also use clinique. :)
  • Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Boots No.7 Serum changed my life...
    I've always had good skin (lucky) but 2 years ago my thyroid packed it in and my skin went awful-blotchy, so dry, lumpy and nothing I tried worked-until I tried the No7 serum. I love it. It makes my skin soft, smooth and glowing.
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Proactive was the only thing that worked on my acne
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Just regular soap. Without it, I don't think anyone would like me. ;-)
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Neutrogena!!!!!! <3
  • GigiBee824
    GigiBee824 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Fresh soy face wash & moisturizer. My sensitive skin's bff.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Retin A and sunblock!