No Progress Hybrid P90X & Insanity. Stats inside

Options
So I started working out the first of October. I did Insanity and it took me 11 weeks to complete. So I was in month 2 for 6 weeks due to not eating well for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My losing actually stalled out around the 2nd week of month 2 and never picked back up.

I finished the end of the year and started my own custom P90X Insanity hybrid Jan 2. Its Insanity 3 days a week P90X (arms & chest back)2 days and 1 open day for hiking (25lbs pack). I was losing weight and inches at a decent pace, approx 1.5lbs per week. But Im stalled out for the past 2 weeks. Nothing, not inches or pounds. I am not following the meal plan to a T as I want the eating to be something I can sustain. I eat good foods.

Breakfast Foods: Eggs, Steel Cut Oats, Cream of Wheat, Whole Wheat Toast, Protein Powder, coffee, Fiber One,

Lunch Foods: Chicken, spinach salads, lean beef or pork, homemade soups, veggies

Dinner: Same as lunch

Snacks: Protein powder, string cheese, chobani greek yogart, cottage cheese, fruit

Here are the past 2 weeks of total consumed calories.
1923, 1973, 1808, 1984, 1653, 1730, 2127, 2146, 2221, 1995, 2286, 2102, 1726, 1655

Also, when I do P90X I do 1 round of sets 12-14 weight set to failure. Then next set I go heavy 6-8 reps to failure.

So, please help a girl out. Ive looked at so many threads, calorie calculators, RMR, BMR, AMR, TDEE....bout ready to pull my hair out

Forgot to mention I'm 32F 180lbs 29.6% Body Fat = 53.28lbs fat, 126.72lbs LBM.

My workouts burn from 500 calories to 1000 calories. Besides the exercise I am moderately active

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You need to calculate cals based on lean body mass not toal weight. Also make sure you are eating 1-1.25 grams of protein per lean body mass, .25-.5 grams of fat per lbm, and the rest is carbs. Unless your wanting to give keto a shot. Your taking in more calories than me and my lbm is 135lbs. Seems a bit off but minor tweaking and you will be fine. Let
    Me know if you want more help.
  • WarriorMamita
    Options
    Try adding spinach to your breakfast in with your eggs! Maybe portions is a problem?? Cut some of the carbs out... Not totally but maybe down to one!two carb items a day? Also try cut cheese down or even out.... This may be the key. :)
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is the calculation basing calories on LBM? I used Beachbody calculator and it put me eating 2100 calories per day to lose around 1lb per week. Ive tried eating 1600, and I'm starving! I will make sure to get enough protein, I try to incorperate it into every meal or snack...thats why I have alot of dairy in my diet. I use alot of spinach in salads. I dont think portions are too big, usually a serving size. If I ate any less I would end up eating more snack due to being hungry. Thanks....keep the insight coming :)
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    BTW the days I at 2200 is because I did my training and then backpacked (25lb load) in the evening for 1.5hrs an hour so an additional 800 calorie burn.
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have a similiar build and was also stalled, but I think I wasn't eating enough. I bumped up to 1400-1500 a day (on days I get a good workout in at least) and I am starting to see some results again. I wouldn't look for your protein intake in dairy either. Once I cut down on that, I started to feel better as well. Sounds like you are kicking butt in the exercise department--WELL DONE!!
  • dusty8907
    Options
    Ok, what is the calculation basing calories on LBM? I used Beachbody calculator and it put me eating 2100 calories per day to lose around 1lb per week. Ive tried eating 1600, and I'm starving! I will make sure to get enough protein, I try to incorperate it into every meal or snack...thats why I have alot of dairy in my diet. I use alot of spinach in salads. I dont think portions are too big, usually a serving size. If I ate any less I would end up eating more snack due to being hungry. Thanks....keep the insight coming :)

Lbm is total weight minus body fat % so, a 200 lb person with 150lbs lbm would have 25% bf.
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    Yeah, nothing more frustrating than putting in the time and effort and not getting results. I will try to find protein from other sources vs. dairy.

I guess what I meant is what is the multiplier on lean body mass to determine BMR? Like 126 x 12 = 1512BMR x activity + exercise = TDEE then reduce by 20% for deficit?
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    Bumpers
  • dusty8907
    Options
  • DirtbikeGal
    Options
    Just for anyone following, and I want to make sure I calculate correctly.

"Katch-McArdle:Considered the most accurate formula for those who are relatively lean. Use ONLY if you have a good estimate of your bodyfat %.
    BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)Where LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100

You then multiply these by an 'activity variable' to give TEE. This Activity Factor[/u] is the cost of living and it is BASED ON MORE THAN JUST YOUR TRAINING. It also includes work/lifestyle, sport & a TEF of ~15% (an average mixed diet). Average activity variables are:
    1.2 = Sedentary (Little or no exercise + desk job)
    1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Little daily activity & light exercise 1-3 days a week)
    1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately active daily life & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
    1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise or sports 6-7 days a week)
    1.9-2.0 = Extremely Active (Hard daily exercise or sports and physical job)"

Ok, so here is my info. 126.72lbs of LBM = 57.4792kg

BRM=370+21.6x57.4792 = 1611 x 1.55=2497.90 - 20% = 1998.

So based on this formula I should be eating around 2000 calories to lose fat. Not sure if I should use the higher multiplier (very active) for P90X & Insanity hybrid. If so I would be around 2255. Any suggestions?
  • pg1girl
    pg1girl Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Are you adding and eating your exercise calories too! Either put activity level at sedentary and add and eat your exercise calories or put very active and don't enter then. That seems like a high calorie intake o me!