back on the wagon

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
i posted a few days ago about all my partying and how it pushed me off the wagon.

i JUST got back on...officially. i think inactivity, aka lack of exercise and lazyness really contribute to my weight gain.

i just jogged 20 minutes, and i feel motivated enough to plan out my diet for tommorow, just to start me back up on the right track.

what do you guys do to motivate yourselves to exercise?

Replies

• pfunkt
    pfunkt Posts: 4
    Options
    literally visualize yourself afterwards feeling great about the fact that you did...:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I look in the mirror

I see room for improvement

and I try to improve

plus I like to sweat
  • bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the thing that keeps me motivated is the guilt factor. I hate the feeling that I get after indulging in some unhealthy habits or going over my calories. I love the feeling of going to bed with calories left over. I call my friend and tell her "yes, I have 300 calories left over."!! :drinker: We are so proud of eachother. The feeling I get in the morning is amazing. When I wake up, I feel skinnier even if the scale doesn't show it. Another thing is to realize how much a pound really is! It is such an amazing thing! Don't be so hard on yourself....also, I'm not sure what your drinking forum was about because I didn't see it but, realize that you can socialize and drink and all that and still not go over your calories. If I know that I am going out for the night....I save up my calories for my Bicardi Limon Diet 7's :love: Treat yourself sometimes....
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    To be honest, the thing that keeps me motivated is the guilt factor. I hate the feeling that I get after indulging in some unhealthy habits or going over my calories. I love the feeling of going to bed with calories left over. I call my friend and tell her "yes, I have 300 calories left over."!! :drinker: We are so proud of eachother. The feeling I get in the morning is amazing. When I wake up, I feel skinnier even if the scale doesn't show it. Another thing is to realize how much a pound really is! It is such an amazing thing! Don't be so hard on yourself....also, I'm not sure what your drinking forum was about because I didn't see it but, realize that you can socialize and drink and all that and still not go over your calories. If I know that I am going out for the night....I save up my calories for my Bicardi Limon Diet 7's :love: Treat yourself sometimes....

you have great willpower! i was drinking about 3 pints a night with friends...and at night, even if i do have calories left over, i don't have room for that many. and it pushes me right over. but if i am active, i don't even feel like overindulging.
    i love that morning feeling too. rubbing my tummy instead of my gut!
  • jeffwyeg
    jeffwyeg Posts: 105
    Options
    i posted a few days ago about all my partying and how it pushed me off the wagon.

i JUST got back on...officially. i think inactivity, aka lack of exercise and lazyness really contribute to my weight gain.

i just jogged 20 minutes, and i feel motivated enough to plan out my diet for tommorow, just to start me back up on the right track.

what do you guys do to motivate yourselves to exercise?

I find that if I "fall off the wagon" I start feeling like a giant sack of crap after a few days...ha ha!

I recently did the same thing as you...I went away for a weekend to see some friends...drank lots of beer, ate a lot of crap and got no exercise. By the time I got back home, I just felt like complete garbage.

Today, I hit the gym for the first time in 5 days and re-focused myself on eating properly and voila! I already feel better :smile:

Jeff @ YEG
  • NickelPlated
    Options
    Yep, I look in the mirror too. And I do it on my lunch break at work and also my last break. But mostly I just look at myself in the mirror naked and that right there along with self loathing gets me motivated LOL
  • dunhammj
    dunhammj Posts: 16
    Options

you have great willpower! i was drinking about 3 pints a night with friends...and at night, even if i do have calories left over, i don't have room for that many. and it pushes me right over. but if i am active, i don't even feel like overindulging.
    i love that morning feeling too. rubbing my tummy instead of my gut!

I have found that shots have a much lower calorie count, if that is what you are going for. An added bonus, for me, is the deliciousness of Jameson Irish Whiskey.
  • sevenfourshoreline
    Options
    Yeah I just have a Jameson on the rocks or two and call it a night (pretty lighweight, hah.)