My non-supportive family makes me laugh now...

Options
Yep, another "non-supportive family" thread...

Mine's kinda different though.

My sister is angry. She's on the verge of not speaking to me. When I asked her what her attitude was about, she replied "I will NOT be the fat sister! That's your job! It always has been!" But she won't stick to a "diet." She won't improve her quality of food. She refuses to get help with her emotional eating. She refuses all of my attempts to help.

Guess what... I'm not the fat sister anymore.

She's over 40 and entirely not happy.

I'm laughing like Nelson from the Simpsons... *points* HAAA-HAAAAAAAA!

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am glad that you are not the fat sister anymore, it is good you are changing the family dynamic. we can only hope that your sister gets a grip and becomes inspired by you to get healthy also. It is funny how people react, family and friends in my case when the changes become noticable, how others become threatened.

Congratulations on your sucess and you are an inspiration.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Wow, your sister sounds like kind of a bully =/
    I'm glad she's getting hers now that you're getting in shape! Although I'm sure you have other reasons for getting in shape, that's a great little side reward :)
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    this is great. Karma a ***** and its better not to **** with her!
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Fantastic! Other than not being the thin sister anymore, I'm guessing she's jealous of all the positive attention you're getting and she's not. Keep up the good work, for your health and longevitiy! :)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Must feel super great to be the skinny sister now. Woohoo!
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Families who'd have them Lol. My Brother(twin) is supportive in whatever I choose to do BUT my Father & Sister are born nay sayers & detract from my positive goals. Try to not share with them & keep the victories for those that appreciate the effort you have put in :)

Russ
  • cholt03
    cholt03 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Well I think you're doing great! I don't want to be the fat sister either, and will definitely let one of my siblings have the title! :happy: Truly impressed with your 125 lb loss! Way to go!
  • vickilowell
    vickilowell Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Family "stuff" is THE hardest to ignore and change, rock on with your new life and body and health. How fabulous you are!
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It is funny the things that keep a family "inbalance." Lucky for me, my sister and I are working on this together!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    The best revenge is to live well.
    Just be kind and know that your happiness is killing her now, but it just might motivate her later.
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Yeah...that karma is a *****....

Seriously, do NOT let this put a dent your diet at all. If she cannot accept that you have lost weight for your own self, she doesn't deserve to be happy.
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    woooooooow! that was a mean comment! geez! I feel like fam should be the number one people backing you up in your time of need!
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Yep, another "non-supportive family" thread...

Mine's kinda different though.

My sister is angry. She's on the verge of not speaking to me. When I asked her what her attitude was about, she replied "I will NOT be the fat sister! That's your job! It always has been!" But she won't stick to a "diet." She won't improve her quality of food. She refuses to get help with her emotional eating. She refuses all of my attempts to help.

Guess what... I'm not the fat sister anymore.

She's over 40 and entirely not happy

I'm laughing like Nelson from the Simpsons... *points* HAAA-HAAAAAAAA!

Rub it in her face!!!!!!!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Wow, your sister sounds like kind of a bully =/
    I'm glad she's getting hers now that you're getting in shape! Although I'm sure you have other reasons for getting in shape, that's a great little side reward :)
    Your sister's name from now on is "Fattie", so be sure to say it to her as often as you can.
    And invite her to the gym at least 3 times every week, leaving messages on her voice mail.

No, no, don't do that....:devil:
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it ;0) she will come around sooner or later and if not it isn't yor fault if she dosen't want to change her way of life. You did what made you happy and feel good Keep up the gret work.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    As the "skinny" sister who is NOW the FAT sister (but is closer everyday to the same size sister)!! I was very proud of my sister for her accomplishment, and she truly motivated me! So I say it's your sister's loss!! Enjoy your "new" self.
  • LennieSmall
    Options
    Congratulations! Or, sorry to hear that. Or...enjoy your healthier lifestyle, or something.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    LOL that is funny :)
  • DollHouseKiera
    Options
    This is a new way of life for me... definitely not a "diet." I'm still trying to get her onboard, she's just uber-resistant right now...

Someday... Someday, she'll be happy for me. Someday, I'll help her with inspiration and motivation. Someday, she'll realize that she, too, has value and is worth taking care of herself.

Someday, I'll win the lottery and be a size 6.

We'll see what happens first =)

Until then, I'm not going to name call. I'm not going to point and laugh (until I hang up the phone and she can't hear me)... I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing...

Thanks for all your support, all of you! I couldn't have done any of this without MFPers =)
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

And she said that to you, WOW. So is her mind processing thinking that if she says this to you that you will start gaining weight for her. Laughable. She sounds very spoiled