Slim in 6 Express Diet Plan - lunch option???

Options
I'm doing plan #2 (high protein, minimal carbs) of the 6-day express diet plan for Slim in 6. The plan requires you to eat a salad for lunch (romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, chicken breast, and vinaigrette) every single day for six days. It's only day three and I am dreading going to the cafe to get another one of these darn salads. I don't want to screw up the plan (I've already lost 4 pounds in 2 days), but I REALLY don't want another salad. Does anyone have experience with this diet plan and could you offer up a suggestion? I tried posting the question to the Beach Body site yesterday, but the site was under construction. :sad:

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Toss the ingredients (maybe zuccini instead of cucumbers) into a pot with broth for a soup ... or water with cumin, ginger, and garlic for a curry.

There are also lettuce wraps ...
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm doing plan #2 (high protein, minimal carbs) of the 6-day express diet plan for Slim in 6. The plan requires you to eat a salad for lunch (romaine lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, chicken breast, and vinaigrette) every single day for six days. It's only day three and I am dreading going to the cafe to get another one of these darn salads. I don't want to screw up the plan (I've already lost 4 pounds in 2 days), but I REALLY don't want another salad. Does anyone have experience with this diet plan and could you offer up a suggestion? I tried posting the question to the Beach Body site yesterday, but the site was under construction. :sad:
    Hi There!

I would suggest cooking the chx breast and add you veggies on a non stick skillet. Sprinkle with a little mrs. dash and cover so it steam cooks. That way, you get your veggies and protein in. You can also eat dinner for lunch and drink a protein shake for dinner. That's what I did when I did the 6 day xpress. I'm happy for you for losing 4 lbs already!!!:happy:

take care!
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this plan is leaning toward the Atkins realm. The initial weight loss is great, but not sustainable when you do heavy exercise. Most people (me included) BONK when there are not enough available carbs to fuel your workouts. The results are usually fatigue and loss of energy & stamina. If you have any of these symptoms, please eat some carb-rich food. The weight will still come off. Best of health to you!
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    singfree... Yes, I realize it's not a balanced diet. They even acknowledge this in the program and tell you it's not healthy to do long term so they don't recommend following it for any longer than 6 days during any six week period. The purpose of the plan and doing it for 6 days is just to force your body to use stored fat (vs. sugar/carb) for fuel and kick up your metabolism a little as well. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this plan and if they've tried other things without hurting the progress/purpose of the plan. But yes, I will still eat something if I become fatigued... yesterday was a perfect example. I felt a little light headed and so I ate a Slim Fast bar. :bigsmile:
  • kanew89
    kanew89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    McLachfan, are you on the last week of the Slim in 6 exercise plan? Just curious. I am on my 4th week (Phase 3/Burn It Up) and my weight loss has not been what I had hoped. So I was considering doing the 6 day Express either next week or the last week of the program. It sounds like it would be motivational to continue the program if I can drop 4 lbs in 3 days too! Karin
  • McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    kanew89 - This is my first week on the SI6 program and I decided to kick start it by doing the 6-day express diet plan in conjunction with it. I'm down 4.5 lbs. and am on day 4... so I'm pretty pleased.
  • kanew89
    kanew89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You go! That's great. I'm 1/2 way through the 5th week and have lost about 7 lbs. I am planning to do the Express on my final week (have to start in a few days! yikes) I hope to see the same 4+ lbs loss too! Then I'll definitely call the program a success. I'm hoping for a 15 lb loss at the end of the 6 weeks. I bought the "Keep It Up" video and plan to use that for 2 or more weeks. Get a little closer to my goal weight. I'm considering doing Chalean Extreme after Si6. Good luck!
  • Got_Discipline
    Got_Discipline Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I to started this slim in 6 plan but atm I am just doing the get it started work out ( only 2 days in). I guess I am missing the most important part though, the food plan?