Pasta measurment question

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Hi,

I have this Heartland whole wheat rotini and I already cooked the box up and each serving on the label is for 3/4 cup dry, how much would that be cooked?

Thanks!!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Hi,

I have this Heartland whole wheat rotini and I already cooked the box up and each serving on the label is for 3/4 cup dry, how much would that be cooked?

Thanks!!
    Tami
  • tyandow2
    tyandow2 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not sure about the kind you have.. but I just looked up this last night on line.. I had thin spaghetti and learned for the long type of pasta, (angel hair, spaghetti, etc.) 2 oz of dry equal 1 cup of cooked.... or 8 oz dry equal 4 cups cooked... and so on.

ooh .. i just found this on a website for your rotini - "4 ounces of uncooked pasta (1 cup dried pasta) equals 2 1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni, shells, rotini, cavatelli, wheels, penne, or ziti."

Hope that helps..
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Measuring Pasta
    Most dried pasta doubles in volume when cooked. The general rule is that one pound of dried pasta serves six as an appetizer or four as a main course.

1 cup dried macaroni (or small to medium pasta shapes) = 2 1/2 cups cooked

1 inch diameter bunch of dry spaghetti (or long pasta shapes) = 2 cups cooked

Egg noodles 8oz. dry = 2 1/2 cups cooked

according to http://www.putporkonyourfork.com/recipes/accompaniments_and_side_dishes/accompaniment_detail.html?id=4
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks guys! That helps a lot!