Juiceing

Options
I just bought my juicer, and made my first juice, its SO GOOD.
Anyway.
Was considering doing a three day juice fast.
with fresh fruit and veggies.
yay or nay?
Any suggestions or juice recipes?

Replies

• Allegi32
    Allegi32 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I could never do a juice fast so I know NOTHING about them, but I do know that Skinnytaste has a recipe for a Green Monster Smoothie and I've never had anything bad from her blog...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/skinny-green-monster-smoothie.html
  • Smansfield1
    Smansfield1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    did you watch Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead? If not, you need to watch it, I know its on Netflix right now. Totally want to do a juice cleans, the guy on there recommends a 10 day cleans, but not sure if I could go that long. Good luck and let us know how it all goes!
  • shabounds
    Options
    I say YAY. I recently watched an interesting documentary on Netflix about a guy who lost a good amount of weight by juice fasting. You should check it out if you have Netflix. It is called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

I am thinking I will buy a juicer soon too cause I want to try a fast. Do you mind if I ask what brand juicer you bought and where you got it?
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I say YAY. I recently watched an interesting documentary on Netflix about a guy who lost a good amount of weight by juice fasting. You should check it out if you have Netflix. It is called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".

I am thinking I will buy a juicer soon too cause I want to try a fast. Do you mind if I ask what brand juicer you bought and where you got it?

I do not recommend juicing. Juicers do not give you thye full potential of the fruits and veggies. The Pulp/Skin/Seeds/etc. get left out of the juice because all it does is extract. You don't get all the amazing benefits.

Everyone should invest in a VITAMIX - it pulverizes the fruit and vegetables and there is no waste. You get to consume EVERYTHING.

www.vitamix.com

I've owned 1 for a year, my cousin has had hers for 25 years. It's a company based in Ohio, and they've been around forever.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am really interested to see how you go with this and what your opinion is after trying it. At the moment I just do smoothies using a blender so its the whole fruit. Does the juicer you bought do wheat grass as well?
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I do not recommend juicing. Juicers do not give you thye full potential of the fruits and veggies. The Pulp/Skin/Seeds/etc. get left out of the juice because all it does is extract. You don't get all the amazing benefits.

Everyone should invest in a VITAMIX - it pulverizes the fruit and vegetables and there is no waste. You get to consume EVERYTHING.

www.vitamix.com

I've owned 1 for a year, my cousin has had hers for 25 years. It's a company based in Ohio, and they've been around forever.

Aren't they around one thousand dollars? I know they are meant to be awesome.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options

www.vitamix.com

Aren't they around one thousand dollars? I know they are meant to be awesome.

1000? no...Mine was $300, but i had a discount from the store I got it at (wholefoods). I wouldn't have spent that kind of money if i didn't trust the company. Money is not something we just throw away (we aren't wealthy and money is not easy to come by). I saved up and KNEW it was something that would benefit my husband and I.

Typically they are 350-450 depending on where and who you get it from. If you get one used (like on craigslist) it will be much cheaper. But some places have deals on them and stuff. QVC had one on recently for $399.

It has a great warranty, and it lasts a lifetime, like i said - my cousins had one for 25 years, and a friend of hers has had one for almost 40 years. It's worth it. I've had lots of other types in the past and they've all ended up in the trash. major waste of $
  • rollycollysmama
    Options

Totally just bought one from walmart, nothing special, works great. Depending on how into this I get Ill probably upgrade to a better one, but because I didn't know the diffrence between a "good" juicer and a bad one....I just bought cheap LOL
  • rollycollysmama
    Options
    The juicer I bought gave the options to skin it or not- I read online that the skin in most things are the best part, so I juiced with the skin intact on everything including the lemon and orange. I expected to see a CRAP ton of pulp left over, but when I set it to whole I had bearly any pulp left, obvioulsy my juice was a little frothy and cloudy but it tasted amazing.