Les Mills "Body Pump"

Options
Hey MFPers! I am looking for some experience and advice. I am taking my first "Body Pump" class at my gym tomorrow.

Have any of you tried this class? What do you think of it? Level of difficulty?

Also, how do you log it in your exercise??

Any feedback would be great!

Replies

• InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    HEY! I actually used to teach Body Pump and Body Step. it is a GREAT program for anyone! All levels, I just reocmmend you start off with light weights (even if you feel it can be too light) but it gives you something to push forward to for your next class. it is awesome. They actually just released an at home version called PUMP.
  • caramelbaloney
    Options
    I just started going and have been to maybe four classes so far. They are all the same routine with the same music; Les Mills puts out a new release every three months. I don't think it will get old, though, because I find the energy of the instructors and the different people in the classes to be motivating. Plus, it definitely feels effective, though it is personally too soon to know of any real results. As said, though, definitely start with light weights and feel it out in your first class. I definitely recommend it, and the classes in my gym are always packed, if that's any indication. I haven't figured out how to log it in, though, as adding all the different sets into the strength category doesn't seem worthwhile. They claim it can burn over 500 calories, but I doubt that for myself, anyway.
  • Joj43
    Joj43 Posts: 54
    Options
    I use to do a Body Pump class every week at the gym for ages. I really loved it and I just don't do it any more because I've moved onto my own lifting program. I agree with starting your weights low and that way you can make sure your technique is correct as well. Then build your way up to heavier weights once you're got the groove. I've seen where you can burn up to 500 calories too, but I wore my HRM and found on average I only burned about 300. I'm sure if I had of advanced to heavier weights I could have burned more for sure. Good luck :)
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it! :-)
    I log it as cardio (off my HRM - 472kcal last week, 530 this week) but someone else said it should be logged as strength 800 reps...?
  • ahager88
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I will definitely be gong to my first class this week.