Biggest Loser

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Well, I didn't watch the entire show because I was watching American Idol but I did see who got voted off. I must say I was pleased. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't give out the name (until later in the day). What did you guys that got to watch think of the show. What was Jillian's strategy for the women, because whatever it was, it worked!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    Well, I didn't watch the entire show because I was watching American Idol but I did see who got voted off. I must say I was pleased. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so I won't give out the name (until later in the day). What did you guys that got to watch think of the show. What was Jillian's strategy for the women, because whatever it was, it worked!!!!

Memaw
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Jillian and the 2 ladies decided that they had nothing to lose by giving it everything they had. She pushed them really, really hard. I just have to say that the women ROCKED this week and the men, well, not so much. Their cockiness finally caught up with them. :tongue:

There were some things in last night's show that have been talked about on the posts here on MFP this week also. Bob told Jay that he HAD to eat CARBS, not just protein. He had to give his body the fuel to push it to the max. He also made the guys work until they didn't think they could go any more, and then he expected them to keep going until they pretty much collapsed. We talk a lot on this site about eating our exercise calories in order to lose. These trainers were telling these people the same things. Banks posted a max work out just yesterday. I think it's great that so much of what we find on MFP is also expressed and taught on the Biggest Loser! It just goes to show that this site is definitely founded on sound principles and that all of us have knowledge and information to share with each other and things to learn from each other.
  • puravidame
    puravidame Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    . "Banks posted a max work out just yesterday. "

Can you provide the link for this work out that was posted?
  • MargieM
    Options
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I was very pleased with the person that was sent home. It was time, although that person did an awesome job while at the campus.

I love the show, it is very motivating! :smile:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think the show was really good last night.

Is it just me or is the product placement and bad acting getting annoying? Like when the girls got a gift basket and they were talking about the 100 cal popcorn or when Bob was telling the guys about Weight Control oatmeal. It's like come on people, the acting is so bad and obvious. I think that is the only thing about the show I don't like.
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    Options
    I think the show was really good last night.

Is it just me or is the product placement and bad acting getting annoying? Like when the girls got a gift basket and they were talking about the 100 cal popcorn or when Bob was telling the guys about Weight Control oatmeal. It's like come on people, the acting is so bad and obvious. I think that is the only thing about the show I don't like.

yeah I totally agree!!! I love the show, but seriously now..
  • GingerKid
    GingerKid Posts: 86
    Options
    So glad with who was voted off. DH and I even whooped and hollered :laugh:

And ITA about the product placement. ANNOYING!!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    watched biggest loser last night and was so glad D got voted out...It is just ashame that nobody woke up last week and he could have used those 2 votes to get one of the blue team out...Everyone knew D would be the first to go when it came down to the blue team..
    And yes....I eat weight control oat meal 160 calories every day...barff me out...yeah right....
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I was soooo angry at the guys for ganging up on the girls, in that challenge last night. Glad they lost one of their own. :drinker:

I used to want Roger to win (anyone but Mark) but now I'm pulling for the girls!!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    yes and the to top it off they were eating pizza, pop corn, hotdogs anything the pigs could get there hands on...I see them all reaching their goal weight but I do not see them keeping it off. When they get the chance to pig out especially Dan they do..
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have to tell ya'll, I was so excited to watch the show last night. I knew something good was going to happen for the ladies! As they were weighing in I was on the edge of my seat! And when they dropped such big numbers I laughed my evil laugh. My hubby told me I was a loser but I don't care. Those guys are such @$$es. Finally, one gets picked off. Not sure how much more Alli can lose but they need to lose again so they can kick off Mark! GO GIRLS GO! Can you tell I love the show?!?!?
    Have a great day all!
    :happy:
    Charlene
  • JPRexRun
    JPRexRun Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What a great episode! Between the cake and the two full tables... I used to like D, but after the first half of the show - I wanted him gone over Kelly!

Props to the girls, they kicked some serious rear end!
  • ColtsFan1912
    ColtsFan1912 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    he was gettin' so cocky i was glad he got voted off. Go girls!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    With all the boo-hoo'ing the blue team does, my dh calls them "the ladies". :laugh: Kelli used to get on my nerves with all her crying, but now I'm pulling for the gals all the way. :drinker:
  • Anise6789
    Anise6789 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I thought Rog was dumb to vote off D,as M and J will gang up on him. Go Girls!
  • MargieM
    Options
    I thought Rog was dumb to vote off D,as M and J will gang up on him. Go Girls!

Hadn't thought about that! I completely agree! He's going to have keep losing more weight than either of them not to fall under the yellow line. It was so fun to see the girls kick butt in the weigh in. Those guys thought they were invincible and they had it wrapped up. Surprise!!! As Ali said "Look what happens when you get girls mad" :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cobra1368
    cobra1368 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to TBL too! I liked Dan, but you guys are right, he was way too cocky. Funny how he was kicked off the first time he went below the yellow line. He bawled like a baby. :sad:

Ali kicks *kitten*! She already looks amazing. It would be so cool if a woman won for once.

Go Chicas Go!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    I'm totally addicted to TBL too! I liked Dan, but you guys are right, he was way too cocky. Funny how he was kicked off the first time he went below the yellow line. He bawled like a baby. :sad:

Ali kicks *kitten*! She already looks amazing. It would be so cool if a woman won for once.

Go Chicas Go!!
    I think Alli looks sick. She looks like she lost too much weight. IMHO
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    One thing that has suck out in my mind about the show is their little quiz. 3500 cals to burn 1 pound, holy cow I had no idea!!

I actually think ali looks good, but probably should not loose anymore weight, just tone up. HH