NOT shredding every day?

Options
Last spring I started the 30 Day Shred. I did it every day and on day 15 I broke 2 bones, and fractured 3 other bones in my foot. (ill fitting shoes and poor form) I really want to do the shred again but am planning on only doing it 3 days a week. If anyone has done this what were your results like?

Replies

• missfluffyuk
    Options
    It's not supposed to be done every day.
  • samantha196
    Options
    Most of the people I know, or have read about do it every day, or with only a few rest days. Which is why I was wondering.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I spread the shred out over about 35 days, stopping when I was sore. I wasn't paying too much attention to weight or inches but I came out the other side stronger.

That really sucks that you broke bones doing it, good on you for having another go.
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    I know most people do it every day. Apparently the woman who made it, was shocked at that because even though it's called 30 Day Shred, it wasn't designed to be completed in 30 consecutive days.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    LOL! I'm not sure where my mind is at but I thought the subject of your post was,"not shagging every day"!!! :blushing:
    Well join the club!

On a serious note...I think rest days are essential to prevent stress fractures, etc! Hang in there and remember 3 days exercise is better than none!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I did it spread out over the course of a few months 2-4 times a week and still got great results. I'm a fan of listening to what your body needs and almost every program, doctor, or trainer has said you should have 1 rest day a week. That 30 days straight thing is crazy... Even Jillian herself came out and said 30 day shred is meant to include a rest day each week.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Actually, missyfluffyuk, Jillian Michaels even SAYS in the video that it can be done everyday because it's 30 minutes long instead of say, an hour, like her other video No More Trouble Zones - which is not meant to be done everyday.

You can safely do this video everyday ... if you broke bones, you must have had SERIOUSLY poor form. I would get with a trainer to work on form before trying exercise on your own.
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do my 30 DS every day (maybe a day off here and there but for the most part, I do it daily). I also walk each day after work but sometimes I can't because my husband isn't home to watch our son or it's already too dark outside where I don't want to walk at night alone.

If you want to do it 3 days a week, that's fine. Whatever suits you best.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I plan on taking one day off (today) i'll be doing day 4 tomorrow -but most of the time I'm going to do it daily
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Starting Wednesday Feb 1st, I plan on doing C25K and 30DS an alternate days for six days out of seven.

Takes a lot of guts to get back in the ring so to speak after braking bones, well done and good luck. X
  • songbird1973
    Options
    It's not supposed to be done every day.

Everything I read says it's to be done everyday, you made me curious so I went and googled it!
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Is that not what the title implies? 30 Day Shred means 30 days?
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Is that not what the title implies? 30 Day Shred means 30 days?

I'm doing p90x which is 90 days like the name implies but it has one rest day a week.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    But I do think you need to listen to your body and do it at a pace your comfortable and not injuring yourself.
  • samantha196
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I could have sworn the video said everyday as well but I might be mistaken it's been so long.

PP- the shoes didn't help matters.