Sports bras for larger sized women?

Options
I am soo frustrated, have spent a small fortune in sports bras. Being size 42dd its impossible to find something- help- anyone have any ideas on something that holds you in - I love doing zumba and spinning etc.. and I hate bouncing so much.. HELP!!

Karen

Replies

• CajunGypsy
    Options
    Me too! I have seen links in the past, but wasn't ready to buy at the time. I'll be interested to see if anyone replies. I definitely need to order a few. I think the definition in the middle helps - versus the ones that have no seam there. And I've heard wearing TWO helps. I did Zumba yesterday for the first time in a long time & I had to hold my shirt down by the ends. :(
  • lonaneomaflame
    Options
    http://www.championusa.com/workout-clothes/sports-bras-43553--1/Jogbra/champion-powerback-reg;-underwire-sports-bra

This is the Bra I have I don't bounce at all it's not hard to put on or anything, I've had them for a few years, as I got them for golorgaurd (losts of jumping). They are great and last a long time too.

Oh, I'm a 36DD or a 36DDD depending on the bra.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    When I first started I used the Moving Comfort Fiona bra (bought on Amazon.com). I had a very large chest (I've lost a lot from that area so I don't consider myself large chested anymore). Anyway, it worked great and it was very affordable. I know Enell makes very supportive sports bras for larger breasts but that brand was out of my price range.
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I use a Moving Comfort Fiona and I'm 38DD. I've also used a Moving Comfort Maia and a Moving Comfort Helena II. You can also check out Title Nine and look for bras that are three dumb bells or higher (which means higher impact).
  • izzy2224
    izzy2224 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Enell all the way. Just make sure you measure as they outline on the website, as sizes are 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. I'd recommend checking out www.enell.com for research, and if you find out you like them you can find discounts online.
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have one from UnderArmor. It zips up the front. It seriously keeps me from bouncing around everywhere. I got mine at ****s, where they have UA reps who can help you. The next one I plan to buy online, since now I know my size and style. Good luck!
  • lizmumma98
    lizmumma98 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am still trying to find a good bra as well. I did buy the Enell, but sent it back today. My chest did not BOUNCE but they MOVED SIDE TO SIDE BIGGGGG time when I tried it on and did a 6 step jog infront of the mirror. It was REAL bad for me. It may work GREAT for other people, just not me. I am still trying to find one that would be best for me (BTW, I paid $64 for my ENELL which included free shipping and no tax, but their return sheet said they charge a $5 fee if returning back your order). I hope you find one you like and repost.
  • Skaren
    Skaren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of Champion as well. I have tried at least 10 different kinds and this is why i like them: I don't bounce! 36 DD right now but much larger 50 pounds ago. I am also been nursing babies all but 6 months of the last 3 and a half years.

I also like that you can clip the straps together in the back for extra support and then un-clip it at the end of the workout. I find sports bras that are actual bras, as opposed to pull over bras, are the best in terms of comfort and support. I exercise for a living and i spend 5 days on 7 wearing my sports bras.

Hope that helps
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Title Nine has great bras. Here is one I like - The Last Resort Sports Bra (appropriately named, right?!):

http://www.titlenine.com/product/sports-bras-and-undies/medium-high-impact-sports-bras/313801.do?sortby=ourPicks&page=2

I've noticed this bra on some episodes of The Biggest Loser too.

Good luck!
  • razzyjazz
    razzyjazz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Enell all the way.
  • vtpugs
    vtpugs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump- still looking for ideas
  • nurseloopy
    Options
    I am enell girl too! Love them!:happy:
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I buy all my bras from biggerbras.com I am in the US, but I think it is a UK site. I find that the UK has better fits. For sports bra I get the Shock Absorber level 4 bra. I have also used figleaves.com
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    definitely Enell