HIIT training routine help

Options
Hey guys.

I was wondering if anybody has devised there own HIIT training routine that i could take a look at?
Im unsure where to start. - any tips would be usefull aswell
I`m planning on using a stationary bike and a elliptical.

thankyou in advance

xx

Replies

• LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    anybody? xx
  • dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    For my fasting hiit cardio in the morning, i do a 2 minute warmup at 3.5mph. After that i run at 9mph for 1 min, then do a 4.5mph walk for 45 seconds to 1 min and just fo those intervals for 15-20 minutes. I do this before and after lifting as well.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    No point. You and only you know your limits. Start with something you think is too easy. Say 30seconds sprint, 30 seconds rest. Then next time do 35/25. All that matters if you are improving.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I do 1:30 easy and :30 AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE on the stationary bike. I do it for 15 minutes. No clue how fast I'm going when I go super fast-I've never had the energy to look!
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I do 1:30 easy and :30 AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE on the stationary bike. I do it for 15 minutes. No clue how fast I'm going when I go super fast-I've never had the energy to look!

thankyou i will try this :D

x
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Doh-my HIIT is 16 minutes, not 15--start with slow and ends with the hard hitting stuff. Just be sure to pedal for a few extra minutes and get off the bike VERY slowly. I about fell over the first time I got off the bike and was walking like a flamingo. Have fun!
  • doctor_mike
    Options
    Here's a pretty good and easy to understand overview of the various HIIT protocols that are "out there" right now.....

http://www.yournutritionaladvantage.com/archives/1446

If you find this helpful, please make all contributions payable to Dr. Mike.....or add me.....whichever you'd like :)
  • hockeystar84
    Options
    Yea first starting this training can be rough i first stared it did two rounds and was done now i can do it for about 15 minutes i have some info about it on my website dhfitness.weebly.com
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just started a HIIT workout with a trainer and we do about 40-60 mintues of switching constantly Between cardio and weights .. I use a heart rate monitor as well. It is so hard but I am already seeing results ... Add me if you like !