Note to self!

Options
Check the nutrition information BEFORE one indulges in a new food. I went to a well known coffee shop with a friend today, I'm not a coffee drinker and never go to this cafe so I was unsure what to order. I ended up with a small raisin bran muffin and a bottle of water. I was quite proud of myself...how could that small muffin be too harmful? I had, after all, avoided all the really tasty looking doughnuts, etc.

I just checked the nutrition information on line - what a shock - if you are familiar with WW my little indulgence just cost me 11 points! Can you imagine, 11 points!!! I don't use that much for my dinner, which by the way I really can't afford to eat now.

For MFP it counts for 410 cal., 13 g. fat, 490 sodium, 69 carbs, 5 fibre, 6 protein, and 40 suger! It wasn't even that good! Never again! Lesson well learned I think. :cry: :sad: :mad: :grumble:

Replies

• SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's happen to all of us at some point or another. Similar experience with a very very small cup of ice cream. live and learn. :flowerforyou:
  • kritastic
    Options
    I've done the same thing many times, so frustrating! I finally quit going places without looking at the nutrition info first. Having the internet and this app on your phone really helps :)

Try to fit in a workout and still have yourself a healthy, maybe lighter than normal dinner, no harm done!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. It's happen to all of us at some point or another. Similar experience with a very very small cup of ice cream. live and learn. :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much! I'm finished beating myself up over it now...I'm going to jump on my ellipitical for 30 minutes to undo some of the damage. :blushing:
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing many times, so frustrating! I finally quit going places without looking at the nutrition info first. Having the internet and this app on your phone really helps :)

Try to fit in a workout and still have yourself a healthy, maybe lighter than normal dinner, no harm done!

I'm taking your advice, going to work out for awhile. I don't know about the dinner though, I had planned on a small steak and baked potato and may just go ahead and have it anyway. :smile: