Polar FT4

Options
I bought the Polar FT4 after my sportline HRM kicked the bucket. I programmed it correctly but I think it's giving me the wrong caloric burn. Based off the old HRM and even the machines, I should be burning around 400--500 calories for the 50 minutes of exercise I'm doing based off resistance and intensity. The Polar gave me a 212 calorie burn. :frown:

Anyone have any advice? I'm scratching my head like an ape with a wrench over here. :embarassed:

Replies

• songbird1973
    Options
    Did you wet the chest strap before using?
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    bump
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Uh oh I hope mine doesn't do that. It's being shipped to me as we speak....
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I did! I even made sure to place it right under my boobs! :frown:
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I have one and mine does great!
  • songbird1973
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6507032
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I actually was wondering about mine also I work out alot with people who have the polar ft7 and they are skinner then me and older LOL and I know I work just as hard and they burn like 200-300 more caloiries more then mine says!
  • Tan43
    Tan43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I forget to hit the start button and it misses some of the calories burnt until i get it going. That has only happened a couple of times as I don`t like missing out on my calories burnt!!!!
    I have had mine now for a while and it is beginning to stop and start and gets me to check the transmitter when it won`t pick up my heart rate.....this is bloody annoying....I may check the battery.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Based off my weight, age, heigh, V02 and everything, the same workout should have burned around 450 calories for me....
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    i have the same model... though i only have it a few weeks now.. havent had anything lower than any estimation yet. Mine's great.

umm, yea... maybe give customer service a call? battery check?
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Make sure it is tight enough! When I lost weight, I didn't cinch mine and it was giving false readings! Check yours out. I love mine. If all else fails, call customer support.
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    I have one and have been using it for a couple months - I love it.

I haven't had any problems with it.