Tough Love

Options
This will probably offend many people but that is not my intention. I see postings, all the time, from people complaining about how hard this is or how they want to give up and it annoys me. i'm sorry you can't lose 100lbs in 3 months, but I bet you didn't put it all on that fast? you want to give up? sure, do it, thats really going to help you lose weight >_>. If other people don't get you motivated your never going to do it... umm no. YOU need to motivate YOU. YOU need to have the will power. you got yourself in this situation, you didn't have people forcing that cake or those chips down your throat you can't expect people to force you to exercise or eat better. I get needing support, and a little motivation but there becomes a point where you just need to take responsibility for your actions and say "yes, I can do this" put on your big girl/boy pants and get to work.

As you can see I've been on MFP for a long time and haven't even lost 30 lbs so clearly I'm not the best at this but I keep trying. I know that ONLY I can make me do this. So PLEASE don't complain, saying its never going to happen. instead, look at all the success stories on here, go for a walk, clear your head and start over tomorrow. you can do this. we can all do this. If we were supposed to be this big we wouldn't be plus size, slim people would be under size :p

Sorry for the rant, i just had to get that out.

Replies

• Dcbear24
    Dcbear24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha! I tottaly agree!
    ...But then again why does excercising have to be work?
    Cant people find activities that are fun for them? :/
    But yeah. Some ppl need to suck it up....big time.
  • Persevere230
    Persevere230 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Isnt the point of a "Motivation and Support thread is just that "Motivation and Support"? I feel that through out the weight loss journey there are going to be peaks and valleys. Some days you'll feel like a warrior other times you wont and you'll struggle like hell. What exactly "annoys" you about people who voice their concerns? My guess is what "annoys" you is that on some subconcious level that hasnt surfaced yet you feel "annoyed" with yourself. Ultimatley if somebody decided to "give up" thats their process, their business, and their problem not yours so why do you care? If they want to rant and rave on here good for them at least there is an outlet to share some feelings instead of turning to the familiar and heading to the cupboard to shovel down a whole package of chips ahoy!! I find ranting on here much better.

When you are losing weight you need an outlet and this is it. Obviously that indiviual will have to gather their bootstraps pick themselves up again and again and again and again. I bet you a hundred bucks if you ask ANYONE on this website if they have all gone through that same struggle at one point or another youll get a majority yes answer. It all comes from within ultimatley and nothing on this site or any other site is going to do Jack squat for anybody unless they decide for themselves how much they want this.

I find your post interesting because it seems like the thing you are complaining about is EXACTLY what you are doing.
  • eatlift
    eatlift Posts: 113
    Options
    Ive been having a hard time eating right and losing weight. I only need to lose 20 pounds. I definitely need to be responsible about this, thanks. :)
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I understand what you're saying & I agree to an extent. The only thing is that we (myself included) tend to think that everyone is like us. The truth is that we all come from different walks of life. Some people didn't grow up with family encouraging them, or having confidence or the knowledge to know that they can be better. Those people may tend to give up more easily or need an extra push. But I know what you mean because people who can but just won't & then whine away on here really bug me! I don't even answer if their post sounds like a pity party. I imagine them typing with their Cheeto crusted fingers. LOL
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Amen
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Isnt the point of a "Motivation and Support thread is just that "Motivation and Support"? I feel that through out the weight loss journey there are going to be peaks and valleys. Some days you'll feel like a warrior other times you wont and you'll struggle like hell.

^ Yup. :smile:
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. My mom has watched my progress and now wants to pay me to cook her dinners for her because she thinks she'll have the same results. I just want to shake her. She just doesn't realize how much work has been involved. I've changed everything about the way I eat, not just dinner. I've added so much exercise, which I know she's not willing to do. I know everything I'm telling her is going in one ear and out the other and that soon enough I'll be bringing her a low cal dinner and she'll be pairing it with ice cream and a beer and wondering why she hasn't lost any weight.

Done venting.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying people shouldn't get support or have a place to vent. for me its how they chose to do it. like they are making their weightloss journey someone else's responsibility. thats my issue. sure, vent, rant, cry whatever, I've had those days too but you can't honestly expect other people to force you to make the change. it has to be internal.