3 NSV in 2 days!

Options
Yesterday I saw a co-worker who I hadn't seen in a few years, she said it looked like I was skinnier! Well "skinny" isn't the exact look I'm going for but I'll take a complement where I can get one!

This morning I saw something in the mirror. It was VERY subtle, something only I or a forensic autopsy would see, but when I was in the right lighting and flexed my stomach the right way I saw the start of ABS!!! Ok the skinny and lean people and meth addicts won't understand why I'm excited about that but my abs have been as elusive as Nessie or the the cure for the common cold. I didn't even have them in high school wrestling.

Also this morning I did my first bodypump class at my gym. The class leader made the men come up during the biceps portion. Since it was my first class I used 40 lbs. I was okay for the first 1/3, the next 1/3 was challenging, and I was pretty crispy during the last 1/3rd of that "demo". So it was kinda embarrassing but after class the trainer thanked us for being good sports. I told her that I got busted up there and she said that I was using 40lbs, I mentioned it was my first class. She said that I had done great and that I was "obviously well conditioned"!

Replies

• mdulanto9177
    Options
    good job...keep up the good work!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is nice to get a compliment - Keep up the good work, it is paying off!!!!
  • th3k00l1
    th3k00l1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    sorry to sound retarded...
    but, what's nsv?
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    but, what's nsv?

NSV = Non Scale Victory. Since I don't seem to get a lot of victories on the scale I have to celebrate where/when I can!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Way to go!

I also didn't know what NSV was so thanks for answering LOL. I've been sitting here going wth is that but either way I was happy for those with them. :) Now I know and I'm better for it.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go :)
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    honestly after I feel your 'well conditioned, NSV' was the best one, I mean they are all great but I would like that NSV for me!!! Good job and keep it up!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    but, what's nsv?

NSV = Non Scale Victory. Since I don't seem to get a lot of victories on the scale I have to celebrate where/when I can!

LOL - I was wondering the same thing! :) So I guess I am retarded with you!!
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Haha I can't believe you would create a post this on a forum.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!