advice/suggestions..? :)

Options
i live in an upstairs apartment so i cant do a lot of jumping around. i have a couple work out dvds but they all involve jumping around in them. i was wondering if anyone of you know of any work out routines or work out dvds that i can do that dont involve to much jumping. i'd like to do more exercise at home because being a mommy of 2, i cant always go to the gym.
thank you!

Replies

• drowninginatowel
    Options
    Yoga!! Pilates!!

I live on the third floor and I use my treadmill, do jumping jacks, use a jump rope... I usually do it within reasonable hours so my neighbors cant complain:)
  • crystaldkelley
    Options
    Most workout DVDs requir jumping of some sort. You could always improvise instead of jumping do squats. Also try taebo, there is alot of punching in most of them. Hope this helps and best of luck!
  • kat517069
    Options
    I'm on the 3rd floor of an apartment. The 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels is only 20 minutes long - it's a great workout and only has about 6 minutes of cardio exercises that involve jumping. Also, I find that jumping on a padded exercise mat (mine is pretty thick) really helps with the noise control and cuts down on my guilt! Try that. Otherwise - you are getting healthy and there is no better excuse to make some noise....just don't workout at 5am and nobody should complain :)
  • rachelmarie_143
    Options
    Yoga!! Pilates!!

I live on the third floor and I use my treadmill, do jumping jacks, use a jump rope... I usually do it within reasonable hours so my neighbors cant complain:)

i need a tredmill! but my apartment is so small, that with my two kids and myself i have nowhere to put it! LOL
    im thinking im gonna have to start just doing it during the day and if she complains.. ohh well it'll only be for 20-30min a day.
  • rachelmarie_143
    Options
    Most workout DVDs requir jumping of some sort. You could always improvise instead of jumping do squats. Also try taebo, there is alot of punching in most of them. Hope this helps and best of luck!

do they make taebo dvds? i usd to have some vhs'...
    thanks for the suggestions!
  • rachelmarie_143
    Options
    I'm on the 3rd floor of an apartment. The 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels is only 20 minutes long - it's a great workout and only has about 6 minutes of cardio exercises that involve jumping. Also, I find that jumping on a padded exercise mat (mine is pretty thick) really helps with the noise control and cuts down on my guilt! Try that. Otherwise - you are getting healthy and there is no better excuse to make some noise....just don't workout at 5am and nobody should complain :)

i have the 30 day shred and the first day i did it, i felt like i was jumping a lot. LOL
    i want to do it at around 7am before i get my kids up for school because after they go to school, i go to the gym. im wondering if 7am is to early to do the 30 day shred.. hmm
    thanks for the advice!
  • PudgyPigeon
    PudgyPigeon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you can not find anything and are worried about it- try going downstairs and talking to the people below you. I'm sure they'd understand. Something along the lines of sorry if you've noticed an increase in noise from my unit. I just got this great new workout DVD!
  • KittyMul
    KittyMul Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Use your stairs! Sprints, push ups, tricep dips, step ups, hip raises - stairs are a great tool for loads of activities.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    If you live in an apartment, can you walk up and down the stairs / some of the stairs? One of the best exercises going! And free!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Yoga!! Pilates!!

i need a tredmill! but my apartment is so small, that with my two kids and myself i have nowhere to put it! LOL
    im thinking im gonna have to start just doing it during the day and if she complains.. ohh well it'll only be for 20-30min a day.

Jumping jacks and jumping rope can both be done outside.
  • rachelmarie_143
    Options
    thank you all for your reply! some very good ideas!
  • morganfox5
    Options
    go on google and search "full body bodyweight workouts" and it should give you lots of options! and all you should need is maybe a set of dumbells :) good luck!
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Someone else suggested Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred because it's so short - this is what I do! I live in a 1st floor flat so when I was doing 30DS I made sure to do it during the daytime, kinda before 3pm since either they'd be out working and wouldn't know anyway or it wasn't exactly an unreasonable time to be making noise if they were in. I'm a student so I can do that, if you work or anything that makes it harder.