I Need Help!

Options
Usually during the beginning of the day, like breakfast, I do pretty well on my calorie intake. However, when it come to lunch or any other time, I splurge on everything and I don't know what to do or how to stop. If you have any suggestions on how to stay out of the kitchen, or what to do when I in snacky mode, but not really hungry, or help me from going to the cupboard when I'm bored, then that would be great. :) Thank you so much!

Replies

• dusty8907
    dusty8907 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Usually during the beginning of the day, like breakfast, I do pretty well on my calorie intake. However, when it come to lunch or any other time, I splurge on everything and I don't know what to do or how to stop. If you have any suggestions on how to stay out of the kitchen, or what to do when I in snacky mode, but not really hungry, or help me from going to the cupboard when I'm bored, then that would be great. :) Thank you so much!
    Eat a slightly bigger breakfast and make sure you put more carbs in it, early in the day your body likes having more so it can burn it throughout the day sometimes causing you to feel more hungry. If you are on a low carb diet such as myself, then eat a good portion of protein in the morning. This wil help with satiety, and make you want to snack less. Also water and celery sticks are great.
  • rebeccafinley
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will be sure to try it out and see how it works. :)
  • beexx006
    Options
    I am the same exact way! To some extent, my late night splurging/snacking is a result of oral fixation. Even if I'm not HUNGRY, I just feel like eating. So instead I'm trying to drink more water (so I don't confuse hunger and thirst), chewing gum, wearing my retainer, teeth whitening strips, whatever! I usually find that after I give up on eating more (1/2 hour or so later), I'm not hungry and don't have quite the same desire to snack on random foods.
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Eating oatmeal with a spoonful of dark chocolate peanut butter in the morning has worked wonders for my appetite!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    girl ... i am right there with you!!!:bigsmile:

i work 3rd shift...i have found myself wanting to eat when i am bored or sleepy

it is hard and i am still learning to make good choices

protein does make you feel full longer