wii exercise

Options
lisa28115
lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
Does anyone else use the wii to get moving?

Replies

• StaciG
    StaciG Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use it every day. I use Wii Active2 and the Wii Fit every day. Plus I walk.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for physio for years (got the original wii fit when it first came out) and have slowly built up to point where I could do enough cardio to lose weight. I like boxing and tennis for cardio, exerbeat works for me as can do most of them from sitting cos it doesn't really track what your legs are doing and the pilates floor routines are good.

I'm working my way through my fitness coach: cardio workout and daisy fuentes pilates at the moment which I got for xmas! I also do the balance games from standing holding onto rollator as its good for my Ataxia.

I have seen improvements in my strength, balance and voluntary movement /co-ordination of arms and legs so it's working great for me.
  • lisa28115
    Options
    the boxing will wear you out, but i like it
    the tennis is good too

i found that my grandaughters JUST DANCE wears me out also:bigsmile:
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 for the Wii. I would highly recommend this. It is so much fun and keeps track of the calories you burn.
  • pinkcaz
    pinkcaz Posts: 14
    Options
    I use Just Dance 2 - Just Sweat section most mornings and its brilliant! I defo think it has a lot to do with the weight I have lost so far :-) x
  • lisa28115
    Options
    I use Zumba 2 for the Wii. I would highly recommend this. It is so much fun and keeps track of the calories you burn.

i looked at that at xmas time, but i was not sure
    actually i have feel off the wagon and had not been exercising
    i am trying to get back on the wagon of watching my calories and getting more exercise

if only i could do without sleep :yawn: there might be enough hours in the day!!!:bigsmile:
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I love using the Wii it's so motivating and such fun, at the moment I just use the Wii Fit - like the hula hoops, jogging, step, boxing - so much more to discover tho :-)

I have been thinking I might get Zumba, lots of people say it is good - which is best?? I am a complete beginner in Zumba ..
  • cottonball77
    Options

I use this too, but totally missed the "keeps track of calories" part. How do I set that up?
    #feelingold
  • elsalily
    elsalily Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i use just dance 2 and 3 and try to do it for at least 30mns each time. It's such a fun way to exercise!
    In my case I need to shake some serious fat off my arms so just dance is perfect for that.
  • tracy1727
    tracy1727 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use it everyday. I love it! I rotate with:
    *EA Active 2 & NFL Training (both of these teams you with a personal trainer and does the moves with you and comes with a HRM and leg strap and tells you how many calories you burned).
    *Zumba 2 makes me sweat the most....its a great burn.
    *Just Dance 1/2/3..love this one as its also good times spent with my daughter.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I had the Wii fitness plus with the board in November. I think its great and use it as much as I can.
    :laugh:
  • avimoo
    Options
    For tracking calories burned on zumba 2 for the wii. When you set up your profile you input your date of birth and weight. Your calories burned is worked out from this. On the main menu you pick your profile then go into progress tracker then statistics. It shows you your weight, time played, technique and calories burned.
  • lisa28115
    Options
    I got the "JUST DANCE" for my daughter .... it definitely makes you sweat

thinking about the "Zumba 2" seeing all the positive comments, and especially since I do not have time to join a Zumba class

I like the wii sports ...as it has differnt things for you to do, the boxing really makes me sweat!!!:bigsmile:
  • sueb12345678
    sueb12345678 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Can you set up that on zumba 1 :smile:
  • avimoo
    Options
    Not sure if you can set it up on zumba 1 as I don't have it