how much exersise can you do in one day?

Options
just re-alised this morning that i have ballooned in weight , and that i have from what the docs say mild depression .

a few years back , i found if i did exersise it helped a lot ,
how much cardio can i do in one day , i mean do some in the morning and at night , on the same day

Replies

• thebritishbloke
    Options
    Up to you how you do it, but I tend to do 3 workouts a week at just over an hour a piece. I tend to burn about 1000 calories doing this so works quite well.

Just don't work your body too hard.
  • nutteranna
    Options
    i was recomended by a nurse practisioner exercise 5 days a week and have 2 days off and i don see a problem with a hour in the morning and a hour in the evening but be careful not to over work yourself as you can do more damage than good
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    sometimes if I'm feeling really energetic I'll do an hour in the morning (about 500cals) AND go on exercise pedals later for about 3 mins, whilst I'm watching telly and burn another 300 ish so it gives me about 600-800cal burn that day.

Other days I just do a bit of stretching and slow physio type exercises just so muscles don't go so stiff
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't generally do more than 2 hours in any one day, but then I am quite small and don't have a lot of fat reserves. I usually aim for 50-70 minutes official exercise and maybe an hour of incidental walking a day.
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    I have been doing 5x a week and 1 1/2 to 2 hrs of cardio a day. But, like the precious posts dont over work yourself. Soak in epsom salt every now and again it helps. Good luck
  • mummytummybyebye
    Options
    i started exercising to help with my depression, i had been on medication but wanted to come off it. i found exercise helps but it has to be regular exercise, i can tell mentally when i haven't exercised, i find running helps me, i run 3-4 miles 3-4 times a week. i also try to walk most places,
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've found weight training to be more effective than cardio for boosting mood, but YMMV.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    It really just comes down to rest and nutrition. You can exercise as much as you want assuming you are giving your body the rest and nutrition it needs. How much of each you need will vary person to person.