1 year later and maintaining my goal weight (55kg) - Before/

Options

Replies

• lulabox
    lulabox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. You are gorgeous! Great figure!
  • CassandraD82
    CassandraD82 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! It !ard to lose it, but its even harder to keep it off. Awesome!
    I just hope that I've made some real changes and that I won't revert to my old ways. So far do good, but I do very much fear losing ground and waking up one day back in my old life, my old body.
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! You look great!
  • jmorrisof2
    jmorrisof2 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Did you eat back all your exercise calories? How many calories where you eating each day?
  • kellicrandall
    Options
    You are my inspiration!
  • heatherhecate
    Options
    You look amazing, well done!!!
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    Did you eat back all your exercise calories? How many calories where you eating each day?

I aimed to log my exercise calories conservatively. (if I thought I walked fast I'd log moderate instead) and ate about half my exercise calories back. I let MFP determine my calorie quota and started with around 1600 cal and slowly wound down to 1350 towards the end. I never ate 1200 calories or less. I drank a lot of water and walked home from work a couple days a week.

Light exercise made a big difference I think. Don't overestimate calories burned and don't buy into the 1200 cal/day rubbish!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, huge congratulations!
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    thank you for your great story Well Done!!! I'm like u allways been a bit bigger than I should be and now have just re-a+lised Im fat and heed to lose weight!!, I have never dieted before and enjoying the site and planning my meals. Im not a great exerciser though, but have taken up yoga which i love and swim regulary... Well Thank you again, are you inaustralia? me too... xx claire
  • MOS3
    MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fabulous. Great to see you have been able to maintain it. How many calories do you use for mainetenance?
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Hi there fellow Brisbane-ite. You look great. Well done.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. I'm glad to see successful stories continue to be successful. Must say, I have no idea what you were talking about with Bra sizes. I learned my ABC's, not my AABBCC's! ^_^

You look great! Way to go, slim!
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    yoga which i love and swim regulary... Well Thank you again, are you inaustralia? me too... xx claire

Doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do but if you find something you enjoy it's much easier to keep doing it! I think strength training is the key to a longer healthy life and yet I can't keep to a weights program for more than a month - I just drag my heels and it's a chore. I like running and it's convenient but I love dance, dance aerobics and yoga.

Yep I'm in Brisbane, Aus
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    congratulations - you looks awesome. It is also so good that you are doing this when you are young. Creates a healthy life style forever - good for you!
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love how fit you look! Very funny about people commenting that you are "naturally thin" What a moment that must have been!!! Keep it up and thanks for the MAJOR inspiration!
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    no idea what you were talking about with Bra sizes. I learned my ABC's, not my AABBCC's! ^_^

Hehe. Well bra size is a relative difference in rib cage measurement and bust measurement. A 30a is 30" around the ribs and 31" around the bust (1" difference). A 28d is 28" round the ribs and +4" bigger across the bust. It's all very mathematical but I point it out because jumping from a 34" to a 28" around the ribs is a huge change!

Bit of boasting I'll admit ;)
  • cartea01
    cartea01 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Needed this reminder today... that it's a marathon not a sprint. My weight hasn't shifted much in the past week but overall I've lost 7.5kg in 7 weeks... I hope to be here in 8 months and have achieved what you have!
  • ellaschmidheiny
    Options
    Truly amazing! Thanks for posting.
  • CassandraD82
    Options
    Well done, you look fabulous. Great to see you have been able to maintain it. How many calories do you use for mainetenance?

I tracked and logged a maintenance diet of about 1700 cal for a month but right now I'm not tracking and seeing how I go. I probably indulge in richer foods now but I also don't treat myself on my running days either. So far so good it's all been even and within 53-56kg - inc over the Christmas holidays.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    This is the sort of success story that really encourages me. Not only did you do amazingly well to lose that weight, but you also have managed to maintain it! It gives me a lot of hope! Thank you for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!